Link scanner blocking

Hello all,

I recently installed eset and when I made eset my default browser it stopped Google AI links from popping up.

What I am referring to is when you do a Google search and sometimes you see the "AI Overview" summary.  There is often times a little link icon next to the item referenced.

When I normally click on the link icon a little frame will slide up from the bottom of the window with links to what was cited. 

So ever since I made eset my default browser, the links icons no longer work. When I change it back to my other browser they start working.

Is there a setting for this, or is it just a bug?

Thanks for any insights. 🙂

54 minutes ago, Ansio said:

I recently installed eset and when I made eset my default browser it stopped Google AI links from popping up.

I believe you are referring to Chrome browser since it is the only browser with Google AI option for search results.

Are you referring to Eset Secured browser option and Google search AI option not working when Chrome is opened in Eset Secured browser mode?

Edited by itman

It is Samsung browser.

Yes, secured browser. When Samsung internet is opened in eset.

It is when I go to settings and change my default browser from Samsung to eset is when it happens.

Google AI summary still shows, it is just the little links that show the references do not show up.

First and most important is that Eset Secured browser feature only supports the following browsers;

The following browsers support Safe Banking & Browsing:

• Internet Explorer 8.0.0.0+

• Microsoft Edge 83.0.0.0+

• Google Chrome 64.0.0.0+

• Firefox 24.0.0.0+

• Brave 1.65.114.0

https://help.eset.com/essp/17/en-US/banking_and_payment_protection.html

If you have set the Samsung browser as your default Windows browser, you will need to disable Eset Secured browser feature. Additionally, you will not be able to use Eset Safe Banking & Payment protection feature since again, it uses the Windows set default browser which must be one of the above.

Edited by itman

I am using android. 

Guess I should have said that. Sorry.

Maybe eset isn't the option I was looking for. Bummer I have been using it for years.

35 minutes ago, Ansio said:

I am using android.

Guess I should have said that. Sorry.

Yes, that would have helped.

You're probably going to have to submit a support request on this Google AI links issue. It is doubtful it can be resolved on the forum.

Edited by itman