Bought license, owner license is someone else

Hi, so my father bought license at his account using his email (email_A), directly trough eset site.

After activation the license owner was my email (email_B) and somehow I have the license on my own account and somehow I shared this license with him...it says the license is shared with email_A...

I have not used eset in like 5 years...

• Administrators

Please explain what the problem is. Your father has purchased a license for X devices and shared it with you. That said, he can install ESET on X devices minus the number of devices that you install ESET on and vice-versa.

Posted (edited)

Ok, so what happend:

• He bought ESET license using his own account, his own email etc... lXXXXXXXl@gmail.com
  • He received license key and invoice in his own email
  • He added license into his own Eset Home account
  • After activation the license says that the owner's email is my email lXXXXXXX9@gmail.com
  • He no longer can manage the added license because it is somehow mine now... he can not see license key etc...
  • When I logged into my own account, it show as my license, where I can manage it and see activation key, also it says that key is shared with lXXXXXXXl@gmail.com

What should have happend is :

• He bought ESET license using his own account, his own email etc... lXXXXXXXl@gmail.com
  • He received license key and invoice in his own email
  • He added license into his own Eset Home account
  • After activation HE is the owner of the license and HE can manage it...

so there must be some kind of bug, because last time I logged into my account was like few years ago... and why am I owner of the license when I did not buy it ? he used correct email because he received invoice...

Edited by Marcos
Redacted: Email address obfuscated

• Administrators

The license is indeed registered to lXXXXXXXl@gmail.com, however, there is no ESET HOME account registered with that email address so it could not be shared by the owner.

I assume that by sharing you mean that the license owner provided you with the license key which you have added to your ESET HOME account lXXXXXXX9@gmail.com.