Old Version Endpoint Antivirus Download

RIZA SAHAN

Hello,

We use Eset Nod32 Endpoint Antivirus on the computers at our workplace.

There are computers connected to the machines in our workplace.

Their versions are Windows 10 LTBS and LTSC.

We cannot update their operating systems.

When I want to install Eset Endpoint Antivirus 10.1.2058.0 version, I get "Azure Code Signing error".

I need the old version to be able to install without any errors.

I can't find 10.1.2050.0 or earlier versions online.

I would be happy if you help.
Thanks.

1a.JPG

• Administrators

Since Azure Code Signing (ACS) will become a must in less than a month, it does not make sense to provide older installers any more. It is important that you use an operating system with ACS support or install the appropriate Windows update that adds it to the system: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/topic/kb5022661-windows-support-for-the-azure-code-signing-program-4b505a31-fa1e-4ea6-85dd-6630229e8ef4

It's a big problem with the current customers, who are using Eset old version and they reinstall ESET but can not download old version.As far as i know that all most customers using win 7 without ACS and can not add this to their clients. 

As photo, he download the ESET from Downloads for Business | ESET

image.thumb.png.27ec3f64bc12cfd2d4f93d4ae5392517.png

But in the repository on Eset protect server still allow download old versions. So if the customer still using the old version, are there any potential risk?

image.thumb.png.50d83674208812bd9516e36aebb53d29.png

image.thumb.png.41c64515035632b74c2316fcded7f5fd.png

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Endpoint 9 was the last version with support for Windows 7 and it can be still downloaded from ESET's website:

https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/endpoint-security-windows/

image.png

Hi Marcos,

This version 9.1.2066 is requirement ACS to install on win 7.

I've test  my client win 7 is running 9.1.2063 is not requirement ACS .

Hi Marcos,

Because almost clients of customer are using win 7 and i've suggested him install version 9.1.2063 and he had a question "if still using the old version, are there any potential risk?"

• Administrators

All installers in the repository require ACS support, even the oldest v7.3.

We are approaching the date December 7 after which it will not be possible to install any version of ESET on systems without ACS support.

13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

We are approaching the date December 7 after which it will not be possible to install any version of ESET on systems without ACS support.

Thanks your information.By the way, could you give me a link reference that i can inform customer. ?

• Administrators

For more information about the Azure Code Signing requirement, please read https://support-eol.eset.com/en/trending_weol2023_10_2022.html.

Also searching for "Azure Code Signing" yields many results, some of which are related to other security software that already requires ACS support in the OS.

12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

For more information about the Azure Code Signing requirement, please read https://support-eol.eset.com/en/trending_weol2023_10_2022.html.

Also searching for "Azure Code Signing" yields many results, some of which are related to other security software that already requires ACS support in the OS.

thanks your response.

On 11/16/2023 at 5:16 AM, eornate said:

But in the repository on Eset protect server still allow download old versions. So if the customer still using the old version, are there any potential risk?

image.thumb.png.50d83674208812bd9516e36aebb53d29.png

image.thumb.png.41c64515035632b74c2316fcded7f5fd.png

As you can see the only 9.1 version available is the 2066 one. This version does not install on windows 7 - you cannot upgrade past 9.1.2063. And 9.1.2063 has been removed from repository, as technically it is not the newest 9.1 version anymore. I'd rather not have to actually downgrade Eset products in the future, as that would be counterintuitive.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Tomasz Trynkowski said:

As you can see the only 9.1 version available is the 2066 one. This version does not install on windows 7 - you cannot upgrade past 9.1.2063. And 9.1.2063 has been removed from repository, as technically it is not the newest 9.1 version anymore. I'd rather not have to actually downgrade Eset products in the future, as that would be counterintuitive.

After December 7 you won't be able to install any version of ESET due to missing Azure Code Signing support on Windows 7. This includes also v7, v8, v9.

Just now, Marcos said:

After December 7 you won't be able to install any version of ESET due to missing Azure Code Signing support on Windows 7. This includes also v7, v8, v9.

Hi Marcos,

It mean that my customers have to install  version 9.1.2063 before 7th December to continue using Eset endpoint on their machine win 7 ?

On 11/22/2023 at 8:30 AM, Marcos said:

Now, that would be a shame, since due to legacy app dependencies upgrading those workstations from windows 7 up is not an option. Especially seeing as 9.1.2063 version seems to be working fine on them so far. I understand from your post that this version will also be artificially disabled after December 7?

Edited by Tomasz Trynkowski

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Tomasz Trynkowski said:

Now, that would be a shame, since due to legacy app dependencies upgrading those workstations from windows 7 up is not an option.

Unfortunately it was not our choice and Microsoft deprecated the cross-signing program: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/deprecation-of-software-publisher-certificates-and-commercial-release-certificates