Interactive firewall. Problem after PC startup

In the setting interactive firewall I have a problem directly after PC start.

Immediately after booting I have to release several applications manually although I have created a rule for them.

After I have allowed the access once manually, it then works rule-based without problems.

Best regards

Christian

• Administrators

The interactive dialog cannot be displayed until egui_proxy.exe loads on system startup. If no rule exists for a communication that occurs on startup, it's blocked and you must unblock / create a rule once GUI has started.

However, the problem occurs with applications for which working rules have been in place for a long time.

I would have to create a new rule after each restart because the existing rule is not used.

Edited by reisender1967

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, reisender1967 said:

However, the problem occurs with applications for which working rules have been in place for a long time.

Are you able to reproduce it after uninstalling ESET and installing v16.2 from scratch without importing a previous configuration?

Difficult at the moment.

What I have already done is: deleted the old rules and created a new rule after the restart. But at the next restart the same release request comes again.

The request is probably for applications that access the network directly at PC startup. (e.g. WD Drive Service)