Problem with update

tbo1410

esets_update --version
esets_update (esets) 4.0.8

Hey, as you can see above, I have a very old version of eset on my debian VM. I noticed that for some time I have a problem with updating signatures and modules in the application. It is very important to me to keep up to date.

After entering the commands

esets_update -u EAV-XXXXXXXXX -p XXXXXXX --verbose
esets_update -u EAV-XXXXXXXX -p XXXXXXXX --verbose --server==eu-update.eset.com

I get the answer:

Bad link to update server.

Please help me figure out what could be the reason for not being able to update?
- is my Eset version no longer able to download updates and I have to upgrade? If so, can I do it from the CLI without uninstalling and installing it first? I don't want to destroy the configuration.

• Administrators

Isn't the problem "==" before the update server? Try using just one equal sign. and possibly also add the "http://" prefix before the server name.

Hi, thx for reply. if I do as you suggest:

esets_update -u EAV-xxxxxxx -p xxxxxx --verbose --server hxxp://eu-update.eset.com

i have answer

Unauthorized access.

Edited by tbo1410

• Administrators

Version 4.0.8 has already been discontinued and updates are not available any more. Please use the latest version.

ugh.. :( 
can i easily upgrade to the new version? As I wrote above, I do not want to lose the configuration because it is crucial for me in the context of the operation of this vm

Edited by tbo1410

• Administrators

The latest version of ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux is 9.1.4.0.

For a list of system requirements check https://help.eset.com/eeau/91/en-US/?system_requirements.html.

However, I was unable to find any license for Linux products registered with your forum address. Please provide your public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The license is for ESET Endpoint and File server security products so it entitles you to install and activate the latest product versions for Linux.