Is a client installation required on an ERAS?

Please accept my obvious ignorance, I'm still very new to ESET (I'm a recovering Symantec addict). I have installed an Endpoint RA Server on a Win2k8 R2 64-bit server, and have begun pushing out remote client installations to our servers and workstations/notebooks. The only thing that I'm uncertain about (so far) is whether or not I need to push out the File Security for Windows Server client software to the ERAS itself as well, or if it is already protected via the ERAS installation. As I said, I'm still a noob, so please don't fall out of your chair laughing.

I do need to comment that the documentation for ESET products is somewhat... lacking. I downloaded all of the available PDF guides for the various products, but found very little about actual configuration. I was able to figure out most of it through trial and error (and the all-knowing "Google"), but it would have been nice to have all of the answers in one location.

Okay, I'm off of my soapbox now, so back to my original question. Do I need to install the client, or is the server already protected by the ERAS installation? Thanks in advance for your assistance. :)

Jerry,

Welcome and i can help you with your question.

The server is not protected with ERA alone. You will need to install File Security for your server and configure that client to report back in the same manner your clients were.

I have attached a pic to show you an example with a Server reporting back to itself with ERA.

post-1101-0-70893700-1389670906_thumb.jpg

Here is a snapshot of how i setup the reporting, I am not sure if this is recommended, but its how i did it.

Let us know if there are any further questions :)

post-1101-0-10657100-1389671166_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arakasi