I found that there are hundreds of devices using my license key. I tried to remove them, but I can only remove one hundred at a time. I do not know who is using those devices, as I never leaked my key. But now I cannot use my nod32 anymore due to overuse. I tried resetting the license key, but the devices are still there. I tried contacting customer support, but no one has responded. I do not understand how anti-virus software can have such a poor design in license key management.

I already tried that four times. After the process, a hundred devices will just appear again.

Screenshot 2024-09-06 012321.png

And I already tried resetting the license key.

Edited by Stephen24

• Administrators

Please raise a support ticket to investigate what are the computers that keep re-appearing among your devices. Did you install ESET on not more than 3 physical devices or you used it to activate also some virtual machines?

I already raised three tickets four days ago with completely no response. I only installed it on a few computers. I did not use it to activate any virtual machines. I believe it is your side that is leaking the license key or some error in your database. 

I still have not received any updates. In the meantime, I want to point out that the devices used are shown as 3, but in the device overview, there are over 100 devices. Once I remove them, another 100 will pop out, and the device used will still be 3. So, it is most likely a bug or error in your database.

image.thumb.png.f8fce1b113a86253798d870f3a26391c.png

On 9/6/2024 at 6:44 AM, Stephen24 said:

I only installed it on a few computers.

But your screenshot shows you only have a license for 1 device and you have it installed on 3 devices, maybe that's part of your problem.

image.png.90f5f138e53e928bd23ba563f84dd153.png

As I said, I tried removing all the devices, but the devices keep showing up after removal, and the device used is always shown as 3 out of 1.

It has been more than a week since I raised the support ticket. Please understand that I have already tried:

- remove all devices

- reset subscription keys

And I intend to use the license key only on my own device (only ONE device). 

Edited by Stephen24

• Administrators

We have removed the redundant devices and left only SxxxK that hasn't been active for 2 months. We weren't sure if it can be removed so we left it up to you to decide and remove it yourself.

Please keep an eye on the devices in your ESET HOME account and let us know should the number of devices rise again. The redundant machines were created probably because of a bug in an older version of ESET as they all appeared to be from the same machine.