Can't Move Licence to new PC

I have an ESET NOD32 licence on my old Win11 PC. Following the instructions on the website I disconnected my old device, uninstalled NOD32 for the old PC and went to my ESET Home page to connect my new PC. However ESET Home shows the licence as still in use although no devices are shown connected to the subscription. I can't find anyway to release my licence. 

I have reported this to Technical Support using the web page form twice over the past week but have received no replies. The form asks where I am (Hong Kong) but Hong Kong isn't listed so I have to put China. I note from another topic that China Tech Support doesn't actually exist. So perhaps someone can help here? Thanks

• Administrators

Do you want to deactivate ESET on this machine and disconnect it from ESET HOME?

image.png

P_EHOME-18894

No not this one. I will renew the licence on this machine during this week.

It's the other licence under my account, the one that expires on 6/6/25.  See attached image. There are no devices shown as attached but the licence is shown as being in use. So I can't remove the old PC nor can I add my new PC.

Screenshot 2024-07-15 122332.png

• Administrators

It is just a visual glitch that no device appears in the list. Running a data re-sync should fix the issue, I've notified the developers.

The other subscription shows 0/1 devices so you can use it for activation on 1 device:

image.png

Thanks, they finally released the licence so I could install it on my new PC. I couldn't have done it without your help.

It doesn't appear that there is any technical support available to customers from ESET nor from my local ESET agent. Whether that is true just for Hong Kong or is a global problem , I can't say. It will definitely influence whether I stick with ESET when my licence is up for renewal next year.

• Administrators

I'm truly sorry to hear about your bad experience with the local support. Please provide me with the ticket IDs so that we can check what happened. It is our goal to provide quality and timely support to our users. While it may take a while to get a response to a ticket at times when there's a high load on the support, it shouldn't take like week or two. Hopefully we'll be able to find out what happened and make sure that any future communication with your local support will be substantially better.