Jump to content

AMDY

Members
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by AMDY

  1. Let me restate this: the other PCs on which I have installed the same ESET product are not having the issues.   Same user, same Chrome accounts, same OS, etc.

    These warnings came up from HUNDREDS of different websites, but if you want to focus on why one particular cert might be an issue, once again you are showing you don't want to or cannot solve whatever is causing these popups.   But I already figured out you don't care that this is happening.   Empty oath of the day: I will not be renewing any of my ESET licenses as they expire. Congrats on chasing away a loyal customer of over 10 years with multiple licenses.     

  2. 2 hours ago, Marcos said:

    It is not an issue of ESET that untrusted certificates are used in https communication. Since you haven't posted a screen shot of such certificate details, please do so so that we can find out what's wrong with the certificate(s).

    Nobody had asked me to post screenshots.  I don't just randomly spam forums with screenshots for kicks.  But since you asked...here are some from two different popups.  No clue what these domains are.  Was not browsing to them. Have never been there as far as I can recall.  Four more hit while I type the first sentence above.  This is getting out of hand.

    Note: these are all coming via Chrome. Someone else mentioned Firefox.  I don't have Firefox installed.

    And I will note again, this began happening after a reinstall of the Eset product.  

     

    58e7fc7bafa01_eset1.JPG.0fd381c5d29abff7c97b6e7d3fa5de56.JPG58e7fc7b3c984_eset2.JPG.159389567e7fe4a747748f932ea3a33d.JPG58e7fc7a9a6db_eset3.JPG.5d164c2a23297e9c1053376fe3695fac.JPG58e7fc7a34240_eset5.JPG.f399f2763c332eaa491902c327477c43.JPG58e7fc79683c6_eset6.JPG.2d1e1a7642759086fa81ccdd8c02cff4.JPG58e7fc7883ad9_eset7.JPG.6665ca96a7b28cbe448123663c68bfc1.JPG

  3. Still happening to me.   Most annoying yet: trying to rename some files on my PC, the stupid pop-up appears and takes precedence and focus over the work I was trying to do and loses the file name I was trying to make.  This happened to be a legal document and had to be named just right.  Eset intruding in this was very unwelcome.

    This went on and on for several minutes.  I finally had to do the file names in notepad and paste them in, because Eset wasn't giving me enough time to do my work.   It would not be so bad if the pop ups went into the background.  Stealing focus like this is rude and disruptive and even dangerous.

  4. So how do we automatically block all of these?   I just reinstalled Internet Security, which had been working fine before. No pop-ups. But since the reinstal, the untrusted cert thing pops up constantly.   Twice just typing the last sentence of this note. 

    Not even one of these are certs I trust.  I don't want them.  I don't trust them.   I've done the steps in the KB to turn off filtering, turn it back on and reboot and it has not helped. 

    So.  How do we automatically block all?   

  5. Just want to point out, please be sure to type these commands correctly.  The letters may be hard to see.

     

    "sc query epfw"

    "sc query epfwwfp"

    "sc query epfwlwf"

     
    That last one especially is EPFWLWF.
     
    If you think the L looks like an uppercase letter i as in indigo and type that, then the command you type will fail and produce an erroneous error message that I see in some of the screenshots.  That letter is a lowercase L as in Lima or Larry or Lucky.  
     
    I am disappointed nobody has noticed this before, because I cannot easily tell from that font which letter it is supposed to be and got the same false error message.  But I tried it with an L and Windows reports it is running the service just fine.  So the error for a lot of people may be in how it is being typed.    Perhaps copy and paste from the original post would be best for most people. 
  6. My new Nexus phone uses the Google Project Fi wireless service.  It uses a custom company-provided SIM card to allow call switching between two different US wireless carriers, T-Mobile US and Sprint, and also Wifi, and the device will switch between these three options for calls even as they are in progress.   The goal is to provide the best coverage and when possible route calls over wifi to keep costs low.  

     

    When the phone changes between these options while on a call or  idle and searching for the best signal, this is being detected as a changed SiM condition and tripping the ESET anti-theft and locking the device. The SIM has not in fact changed but it does have different IDs depending on which network is in use at that moment.  For example I just took a call that began over T-Mobile but since I am in my wifi at home, the phone handed off to the wifi and ESET locked the device the second the call ended.   

     

     

    This is the third time in the last day anti-theft has locked the device like this due to conditions that are entirely normal for this particular device and cell company.  Yesterday I was driving around and went from one wireless carrier to the other as they had different signal levels, and the other was standing in line in store where it swapped over to wifi and back to the phone carrier.  Bam, it locks.    

     

    It would be nice if ESET could look into the way Project Fi SIM cards work and adapt to it so it doesn't cause these false theft locks.   As it is, I am going to have to turn off anti-theft and wing it and I am not happy about this.  But at least my phone won't be locking itself after every network switch.

×
×
  • Create New...