installed ess 10 under w10,can i setup to scan not all the files?

hi

i have installed eset smart secury under w10 pro 64bit

but v10 still scans all the files, txt jpg and psd ,wave ,flac files too

it's an overkill , it slow down slightly every machine , i still like more v8 at least i can select to scan default extensions

same waves or flac or even mastroska video files are huge ,it's a non sense scan them at least give the user the possibility to set to default extension like v8

by the way , i 'm using under w10 and i crashed some time , v8 seems rock solid, i guess i will go back to v8 , i want stable antivirus

thanks

• Administrators

it's an overkill , it slow down slightly every machine , i still like more v8 at least i can select to scan default extensions

How did you find out? We have never scanned such files. Did you rename eicar.com to eicar.jpg and it was really detected?

i 'm using under w10 and i crashed some time , v8 seems rock solid, i guess i will go back to v8 , i want stable antivirus

Are you on a slow ring or using fast ring Windows 10 builds? By crash you mean BSOD or what kind of crash exactly? When did the crash occur? We are not aware of any crashes and nobody has complained so far although dozens of thousands users are already on v10.

How did you find out? We have never scanned such files. Did you rename eicar.com to eicar.jpg and it was really detected?

i 'm using under w10 and i crashed some time , v8 seems rock solid, i guess i will go back to v8 , i want stable antivirus

Are you on a slow ring or using fast ring Windows 10 builds? By crash you mean BSOD or what kind of crash exactly? When did the crash occur? We are not aware of any crashes and nobody has complained so far although dozens of thousands users are already on v10.

i did not test it , but i see there is no way to set the extension to scan

what is it fast ring?, i tried with all the updated released by microsfot

crash i mean my first bsod on my w10 and some crash like tried to enter in the all preferences , on occasionality it crashed and the eset icon in the icon tray disapeard

by the way it's slower then v8 with all component update or pre-release

w10 is like other antivirus , like avira and avast , they are slow even with the faster ssd , but slow it's relative

thanks

• Administrators

1, Regarding performance, see the recent test by AV-Comparatives: https://www.av-comparatives.org/performance-tests/where ESET ranked in top 3. The Extension setup does not tell anything about what and how is being scanned nor does it tell anything about performance. I don't see any reason why we should spend time scanning files that have never been seen to carry a malicious code.

2, Updates from the "Fast ring" are received by users who have registered and opted for the Windows Insider program. If you can reproduce the BSOD, it'd be best if we could get a complete memory dump from a crash. The only situation when this could happen is when Hyper-V services are running and you don't have a recent HIPS module installed.

3, If you think that v10's performance is worse than of v9's or older, try temporarily disabling real-time protection and see if it makes a difference. If so, we'll need a Process monitor log from the time when the issue occurs. The difference can be also caused by a fresh v10 installation as it takes some time for a local database with information about files to get populated with LiveGrid information.

Posted Today, 06:25 PM

1, Regarding performance, see the recent test by AV-Comparatives: https://www.av-compa...formance-tests/where ESET ranked in top 3. The Extension setup does not tell anything about what and how is being scanned nor does it tell anything about performance. I don't see any reason why we should spend time scanning files that have never been seen to carry a malicious code.

Hi

eset in the test is considerated slower then avira , on every machines ,eset v8 is the faster ever

aobut v10 i tried to disable and yes it's a bit slower then v8 , i can't understand if it's culprit of w10 , i will try on w8 and w7

The difference can be also caused by a fresh v10 installation as it takes some time for a local database with information about files to get populated with LiveGrid information

hi but i guess even v8 creates a local database ,doesn't it? which setting should i be sure they active to create the local database livegrid ,introducted in v5 right? amazing fast antivirus

Updates from the "Fast ring" are received by users who have registered and opted for the Windows Insider program

no i don't use it , are enough the microsoft killer regular update and about the rencent hips module installed , i updated via license it was very slow but updated

f you can reproduce the BSOD, it'd be best if we could get a complete memory dump from a crash

i don't know if i can reproduce the bsod , but if will happen again i will zip it with 7-zip and upload, i have only eset like antivirus

my last question?

i have a friend laptop and i'm testing v10 too, i activated a trial version, i have uninstalled re-installed and so on ,when the 30 days are gone ,is there a way to use another time in trial version

and about

local database with information about files to get populated with LiveGrid information

may i know when does eset to create or build this local database ? when is it idle ? or ...

and  on another laptop , i have installed v8 over v5 , but i guess this did mess up the local database

how can i know it's not corrupt or is there a way to recreate it

thanks