Trying to ignore ESET block of a suspect site...very trying!

I found this morning a site that ESET deemed suspicious, but was willing to accept the risk of opening it, so clicked the ignore buttom. Yet another blocked message appeared and that was unmovable with the ignore button.

My question, therefore, is how to stop ESET's dictating to me, what sites I visit and what files I use once there.

Advanced settings -> web access protection -> URL management -> Edit -> list of allowed URLs -> and here you add your website. Type main adress with the * at the end. For example: www.example.com/*

Advanced settings -> web access protection -> URL management -> Edit -> list of allowed URLs -> and here you add your website. Type main adress with the * at the end. For example: www.example.com/*

If this doesn't work, add the URL's to the "List of addresses excluded from checking." In either case, ensure you set on the "activate list" setting.

Also your doing this exclusion activity at you own risk. If you believe the site is clean, you should report same to Eset as a false positive.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

What is the url? I'd ask ESET first to find out why it's blocked. If it's really malicious then adding an exception for it might result in infection of your system.

• Most Valued Members

I found this morning a site that ESET deemed suspicious, but was willing to accept the risk of opening it, so clicked the ignore buttom. Yet another blocked message appeared and that was unmovable with the ignore button.

My question, therefore, is how to stop ESET's dictating to me, what sites I visit and what files I use once there.

You can go to Virus Total and enter the URL to get additional opinions.

https://www.virustotal.com/

What is the url? I'd ask ESET first to find out why it's blocked. If it's really malicious then adding an exception for it might result in infection of your system.

I wouldn't really bother with that Marcos. It probably isn't the type of site that someone is willing to say for it may relate to some sharing site of a least legal manner else he would've mentioned it already or that he wouldn't have taken the risk to proceed further. That is my assumption anyway.