Web Protection - FFox Session password files

Go to solution Solved by Iota,

Hello,

So here is my problem:

Due to a power failure, one of my computer's SSD (with the OS) fails not boot / load OS.

On this SSD I had windows 8.1 with ESS licensed.

I've been using the ESS web protection to save bookmarks and passwords in Firefox.

Since the SSD crashed I don't have access to that session but I do have access to the files on the SSD

Can anyone tell me how can I retrieve EVERYTHING from within the ESS Firefox sessions?

Normal FF session or profile doesn't count, already checked and retrieved the passwords stored outside the ESS session / profile manager.

Just need to retrieve the information saved on FF when that web protection section was active.

Please HELP.

IT'S CRUCIAL :(

• Administrators

I've been using the ESS web protection to save bookmarks and passwords in Firefox.

Could you clarify? Web protection scans http communication, it has nothing to do with bookmarks in browsers.

For example when you open paypal ... ESS or ESET Internet Security spawns a new Firefox session ... independently from the normal Firefox profile.

There you can save (in that ESS environment) bookmarks / passwords (just like in normal Firefox profile) ...

I need to know where that profile is located, since can't find it in normal FF profile (basically it's not stored in %APPDATA%\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\name_of_profile) where normally FF profile saves information.

Basically when you access through ESS session a page with Firefox it creates another profile or at least it's not shown in the normal one (without the ESS protection scan an so on).

When you open

Banking & Payment Protection

ESET can protect your personal data while you use online banking or payment websites.

That creates "Secure browser has been opened" ...

That's the ESS secure FF session environment ... I really need to know where it stores it's files.

Cause it stores them somewhere since I've been using it for the last couple of months (with computer shutdowns / etc) and the password manager within this session is different from the one in normal FF browsing session.

Edited by Iota

• Solution

Nevermind, found the location:

%users%\All Users\ESET\ESET Smart Security\OPP\%your_S_ID_profile_reference%\EsetOPPFirefoxProfile

On other HDDs if you want to retrieve it's on

\ProgramData\ directory

Took me a long time to find this, maybe it will help someone else.

Edited by Iota