NOD32 v10 are crashing Explorer.exe

ESET-User

Hello ESET, after upgraded to NOD32 v10 i have experienced the explorer.exe is crashing of time to time. according to Windows the process responsible to this is the "ekrn.exe:AmonPort"

See the image:

post-2158-0-24289600-1477584669_thumb.png

I use the defaultt settings and i have already tried a clean install.

ESET NOD32 10.0.369.1

Windows 10.1607.14393.321 64-bit.

Here are a couple of older web postings on the same issue:

hxxp://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/possible-lead-for-eset-ekrn-exe-amonport-hang.196029/

hxxp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293912/vistas-windows-explorer-not-responding/

\Device\AmonPort is part of the eamonm.sys driver. The Wilder's posting traced the issue back to the heuristic scanning done by Eset's real-time scan engine. However that posting was for a very old Eset version. 

I suspect this might be an OS issue; possibly due to something borked in the Win 10 AU update. Suggest you contact Eset tech support for further help. I believe this will require a lot of diagnostic work to resolve. 

Hello,

a crash dump from the iexplore.exe and output from ESET log collector tool might help us to check what happened.

Regards, P.R.

Pete,

It's explorer.exe that is crashing.

Hello,

a crash dump from the iexplore.exe and output from ESET log collector tool might help us to check what happened.

Regards, P.R.

I sent for you, please check PM.