Chrome Is Trying to Communicate over a Channel Encrypted with an Untrusted Certificate

TheOne

Hello,

I started receiving this error recently. Here's a screenshot:

post-9996-0-24991500-1477460432_thumb.jpg

How do I know what website triggers this?

I am not accessing this website and I am sure one of websites that I have among tabs triggers it.

How should I proceed? 

FYI - I noticed the same on support.microsoft.com recently. The "To" date in the certificate was equal to the current date. I thought "From" and "To" dates in certificates were inclusive. That is if the date range specified was 1/1/2016 - 10/31/2016, the cert. was valid from 1/1/2016 through 10/31/2016?

Edited by itman

And yet more proof that the issue I reported in August:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/9127-untrusted-certificate-warning-on-mostly-likely-safe-sites/

is not an isolated issue.

I just installed version 10.0.369 ... issue remains.  :(

This issue has also been reported in other posts both on this forum and the Internet Security forum.

• Administrators

And yet more proof that the issue I reported in August:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/9127-untrusted-certificate-warning-on-mostly-likely-safe-sites/

is not an isolated issue.

I just installed version 10.0.369 ... issue remains.  :(

This issue has also been reported in other posts both on this forum and the Internet Security forum.

But this is not ESET's issue. I checked the certificate on a computer where SSL/TLS filtering was disabled and I saw it in the certificate properties.

I think this happens with websites that have advertisements from 3rd party advertising networks. This happened when I was accessing outlook.com that has advertisements on the right side. I used Chrome plugin to disable them and NOD32 no longer showed the error. I blocked the certificate in NOD32 and today when I removed the rule, everything works fine.

• 3 months later...

I have a similar problem to this - how do I check whether the site is genuine (I have blocked it at the moment - if genuine, how do I unblock it?)

Capture.jpg

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Piano said:

I have a similar problem to this - how do I check whether the site is genuine (I have blocked it at the moment - if genuine, how do I unblock it?)

Click "untrusted certificate" to view certificate details. Based on the provided information you can decide whether you'll trust it or not. If you are unsure, better choose to block the communication.

Go to this web site for a report on the certificate: https://dev.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=sc.iasds01.com&hideResults=on

I used IE11 for the test which supports SNI as far as I am aware of. But numerous postings on the web about issues with SNI certs. using IE11.

BTW - I can't access the site, sc.iasds01.com, in IE11; HTTP Status - 404.

Thank you for your replies. If the HTTP Status - 404, does that suggest something amiss? I have run ESET and MWB and no errors returned. Could something be hiding somewhere else or am I just worrying needlessly? By the way, how do I recall the ESET box showing the error to be able to click on the "untrusted certificate"?

The 404 or Not Found error message is a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) standard response code, in computer network communications, to indicate that the client was able to communicate with a given server, but the server could not find what was requested.

Ref.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_404

Is this web site one you need to access? I would just avoid it.

I don't even remember which website it was - the IP address makes no immediate connection. Thank you for your help - I'll avoid if it comes up again.