Any Computer Scan always shows all zeros.

I'm using version 6.3.70.1 on my iMac running Sierra.  If I should should do any type of scan...smart scan or in depth scan I always get an immediate return of my results showing the scan completed successfully BUT it shows Number of scanned objects : 0 as well as number of infected objects: 0 and the number of cleaned objects: 0

The scan results are reported a fraction of a second after the scan begins.  All the default objects to scan in each type of scan are checked off in the setup.  This problem developed after upgrading to Sierra.  I uninstalled ESET and then downloaded it again and installed it...all getting the same results.  The program itself seems to be working except for the computer scan, but I'm not really sure.  No types of error messages are ever shown.  Anyone with a similar problem?  Suggestions as to what to try next? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hallo everybody,

it seems that I have the same problem.

Yesterday I downloaded the newest version and installed it on two Macs.

One of them is a MacPro5.1 with Yosemite (10.10.5) and everything is

working as intended. The other one is a Macbook Pro 2011. Again it

is working with Yosemite but SmartScan and DeepScan start without

scanning any file.

The Log-File shows Error [4] meaning that Cyber Security Pro has not

been able to do the scan.

What can I do that my harddrives are beeing scanned?

Regards, Tom

• 1 month later...

I'm still dealing with the same problem.  ESET appears to be working yet anytime I do any type of scan it shows that zero files were scanned.  I do not get any type of error message! Just showing that all is well except that zero files were scanned.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 18/01/2017 at 2:11 AM, rfa5 said:

ESET appears to be working yet anytime I do any type of scan it shows that zero files were scanned.

On 06/12/2016 at 6:16 PM, Macintom said:

it seems that I have the same problem.

Version 6.4.128.0 was released recently which includes a fix for 'an issue that would cause “Zero Files Scanned on Hard Drive” errors during a computer scan'. If you haven't already, I would suggest updating ECSP to see if the issue is resolved for you both.