How to un-assign 1 computer that is part of a group

For testing purposes I need to unhook the current Master policy that is assigned to the GROUP called ALL. This is for the ENDPOINT SECURITY program. 

I want to unhook this one computer from the policy so its in a stand alone environment and I  can make changes locally to EES. When I go to details >> Client Configuration >> I see the policy but cannot un-assign this one machine. If I have a policy where just individual computers are assigned as opposed to the GROUP then I can un-assign for testing. Do I have to uninstall the agent for now to accomplish this? 

• Administrators

Try temporarily moving that one computer out of the ALL group and wait a bit until agent running on that machine connects to ERAS, takes that info and re-evaluates the group membership.

Try temporarily moving that one computer out of the ALL group and wait a bit until agent running on that machine connects to ERAS, takes that info and re-evaluates the group membership.

How do you temporarily move a computer out of the top most group (ALL). Screenshots please. Also the weird thing about the "ALL" Group is that there is no computers in this group. I do have the computer in the COMPUTERS group. ERA6 default install sets the default policy of "ESET SECURITY PRODUCT FOR WINDOWS- Balanced" to the ALL group. Why does it set to "All" By default ? 

Edited by tmuster2k

• Former ESET Employees

Hello tmuster2k,

It sounds like you want to be able to make changes to ESET Endpoint locally for testing purposes. This is only possible when a policy is not assigned to the system (also keep in mind, policies assigned at 'all' will inherit downwards to your entire group structure). One solution would be to temporarily unassign the 'master policy' from the 'all' group, perform your tests, then re-assign your policy to 'all'. This is typically an effective solution as unassigning a policy will not remove or change any settings from your other clients, but will allow you to make changes locally for testing (just remember to re-assign the policy after).

An alternate solution, would be to not assign your master policy at the top level 'all' group. But instead, assign the policy at your second level of groups. For example, imagine you have 4 groups (called A,B,C,D) which are all placed directly under the 'all' group. Instead of assigning the master policy at 'all', assign the policy at groups 'A' 'B' and 'C'. If there comes a time in which you want to test settings locally on a specific computer, you can then move that computer out of the A,B, or C group and place it in group D.

For your question regarding "ESET SECURITY PRODUCT FOR WINDOWS- Balanced" this should not be assigned by default. In my experience, the only policies assigned by default (no user interaction) are policies designated with 'HTTP Proxy Usage'.

Regards,

Eric J