Eset 6.4 Trusted zones not being Trusted

AshleyTaylor

Hi Guys,

I am having some issues at the moment with some of my clients with ports and applications being blocked even though their subnets are within the trusted zones.

Trusted zones are as follows:

10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0

172.16.0.0/255.255.0.0

192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0

::1

FE80::/64

Even though these are trusted I still seem to need to put exceptions in the firewalls when I shouldn't need to. Any help will be appreciated.

I had this problem in v5, mainly with wifi clients. I had to resort to ESET Authentication Server for trusted zones...however they said they will look into making this for v6, but never posted feedback...

I think i have just solved this. Seems that you can add a firewall rule to allow all connections from trusted zones to trusted zones and allow all the traffic. This has fixed some other strage issues that they were having as well, so is it that Trusted Zones is just a group and not getting checked anywhere in the process.

I think i have just solved this. Seems that you can add a firewall rule to allow all connections from trusted zones to trusted zones and allow all the traffic. This has fixed some other strage issues that they were having as well, so is it that Trusted Zones is just a group and not getting checked anywhere in the process.

I don't like to allow all communication, but if it works... :)

This started happening to us on a network of over 1,500 nodes.  We had to start disabling the firewall via policy on all affected systems.  If you call ESET support they claim no one is complaining about the issue.

This isn't the first time ESET has randomly taken our business down in the middle of the day.  

Both version 6.3 and 6.4 are experiencing the issue(s).