Scheduled Scans Not Running

esiemiat

For safety reasons I do not give my daughter admin privileges on any of computers in my home. Unfortunately, whenever she is logged on the scheduled scans I created do not run. I even tried creating the scans using her account with no luck. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Please not that this wasn't always the case though, as the scans used to work. I'm just not sure when the system broke.

All the computers are running Windows 10 with the latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus v9 installed.

• ESET Moderators

I'm not aware of this issue esiemiat. We have some known issues with Windows 10, but I haven't come across this one. I've pinged our support about it to ask, but if you haven't yet, can you submit a support ticket either "Email support" or Live Chat https://www.eset.com/us/support/contact-us/ 

Per this Eset KB article: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3207/ , scheduled scans will not run if the PC is in sleep mode. Win 10 by default will switch to sleep mode fairly quickly if left idle. Perhaps as luck would have it, the PC happens to be in sleep mode when those scans are scheduled when your daughter is logged on?

• 4 months later...

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was working with support for a while but then they just stopped responding. Anyway, a new development has come up that I wanted to share.

I recently updated my 3rd computer to a SSD just like the two that I had previously reported the issue on. Once I did that my scheduled scans would not run on that computer either so I think this has something to do with the type of drive I am using. I read the article that ITMAN had linked but I do not have Sleep Mode enabled on any of these PC's and the scheduled scans are configured to run Immediately just like the article suggests. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a different sleep setting for the drive that I am not aware of? Please help.