BPP-Protected Browser could not start

Go to solution Solved by TomFace,

This is a new one for me. Firefox 49.0.1/Win 7/ESS v9.0.402.0 (Same thing IE11). Tried a couple different banking sites, same result. Prior to getting this, I just did my Microsoft patch Tuesday updates. Clicking on "Ignore risk" just recycles the window and does not take you to the bank website.

post-556-0-04570100-1476227037_thumb.jpg

I don't even get to see an error message.

I know it is not much consolidation, but Microsoft just force feed me the new Cumulative Update (KB3194798) on my PC, and now running 64-bit Windows 10 build 14393.321 and Firefox 49.0.1 and even the beta Internet Security 10.0.171.0 Banking & Payment protection no longer works.

The Task Manager does show that (eOPPFrame) ESET Online payment protection frame is running, but there is no active open window.

It looks like I may be waiting much longer for ESET to release Smart Security 10 here in North America.

Edited by ju5taguyfr0mcanada

These were the updates I got today for Win 7:

October, 2016 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3185330)
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB3118301)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - October 2016 (KB890830)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 3 (KB3118307)
October, 2016 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64 (KB3188740)
Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.229.1407.0)

Edited by TomFace

I found a solution to this problem in an excellent mag PC Pro (December 2016 issue 266).  

I have been struggling with an issue of IE hanging and BPP not able to launch since the windows 10 anniversary edition update.  My ESET smart security version is the latest 9.0.402.0, I always update to be sure I am fully protected.

I have tried ALL the online suggestions to get this fixed, to no avail, and then read the PC Pro article "Online Tracking". I followed the advice to shut down all the reporting back to Microsoft options including disabling Cortana and everything now works again...

Thankfully, no problems with BPP in Win 10 after this month's cumulative update other than the existing issues I commented on in another posting.

Same problem here.

Something has changed since this morning. When I try to open the protected browser by clicking on the desktop icon, the protected browser now does open, but it doesn't have an address bar. ESET, what is the purpose of a browser without address bar???

(Configuration: Windows 7, Internet Explorer 11, ESS 9.0.402.1.)

Just a quick update - Not sure as to what happened overnight, but it seems that something has changed, I decided to try Banking & Payment protection again this morning, and it did open using Internet Explorer. Not sure if just turning it OFF/ON again did the trick.

Since I am kind of new to Windows 10, I hadn't quite figured out yet how to switch from IE to FF as the default secure web browser.

But as of this morning, everything is working just fine for me. :D

• Solution

Yes I think the gremlins left my PC overnight as well-seems to be working OK now-I too fiddled with the settings (on/off/ask). Don't know-but it's now working.

Edited by TomFace

Situation resolved for me as well. And as reported by other users in this thread, no changes have been made post Windows 10 Cumulative updates on Tuesday. I also fiddled with the off/on settings for BPP today. As a note, I had tried that process yesterday to no avail. Regardless, BPP is now working in IE. (But not in Firefox or Chrome with 1Password).