Remote administrator port & API

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

• Most Valued Members

Hi,

In the server settings, there's a Remote Administrator port.  Is this the same remote administrator port that's

mentioned in the API for era_Connect?  (There's a RA API available for v5, but I'm not entirely sure if it's applicable to

v6.0 because I'm having difficulties getting a connection from a test program.)

Any help appreciated

Ed

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hello, the "remote administrator port", is the port, on which ERA server listen for communication with ERA agents.

ERA API available for V5 is not compatible with ERA V6, as ERA V6 is a completely different product architecture.

ERA V6 has its own API, which listen on the port 2223 as it is the same API, that is used by Remote Administrator Webconsole.

Documentation with examples is published here: hxxp://help.eset.com/era_install/64/en-US/index.html?era_serverapi.htm

• Most Valued Members

Hello, the "remote administrator port", is the port, on which ERA server listen for communication with ERA agents.

ERA API available for V5 is not compatible with ERA V6, as ERA V6 is a completely different product architecture.

ERA V6 has its own API, which listen on the port 2223 as it is the same API, that is used by Remote Administrator Webconsole.

Documentation with examples is published here: hxxp://help.eset.com/era_install/64/en-US/index.html?era_serverapi.htm

*That* is brilliant!  Thanks!  I was hammering port 2221 and it kept on giving me a connection failed.

And it's a JSON based serverAPI?  That's awesome!

Thanks!

ed

• Most Valued Members

Hi MichalJ,

Where can I ask about the API? 

Thanks

• ESET Staff

Hello,

You have to open a standard support ticket with your local ESET representative. Communication concerning API is handled via support.