administering two ERAs

• Most Valued Members

I administer two separate companies' ERA servers and I'm finding it a little irritating that I need to

open two browser windows/tabs to do the job.

what I would believe would help, is to either have a central server tool that connects to these two ERA

and I can manage using that tool via a thin or thick client. 

Of course, there is always a possibility that I'm not using the ERA server correctly.  If so, please do

clarify.

Also, with RA 5, you had an API.   Do you still have that API for 6?

Thanks

Ed

Do you definitely need two separate ones? I manage six customers from a single ERA, each with their own licenses and policies. Also, the release of 6.5 in December is going to improve that even further with better multi-tenant support.

Jim

• Most Valued Members

Do you definitely need two separate ones? I manage six customers from a single ERA, each with their own licenses and policies. Also, the release of 6.5 in December is going to improve that even further with better multi-tenant support.

Jim

Well, I don't want to manage two separate ones, but since they're in two different locations, I felt that's the only way

I could set it up since the two different ERAs are within the LANs the cover.  If I use just one ERA, wouldn't it mean that

I'd have to set up either one of the companies to connect to the other company's server?  Or do I simply build another

server and have both company's internal lan access that?

Any clarifications appreciated.

Edited by ewong

I have all six customers connecting to a separate server. So they have no ERA on their sites, they all connect to the one on my site. We have strong passwords and we use an obscure port number to help with security.

• Most Valued Members

I have all six customers connecting to a separate server. So they have no ERA on their sites, they all connect to the one on my site. We have strong passwords and we use an obscure port number to help with security.

Oh so that's how it's done.  Thanks for the info there.  Will check if I can apply it here.