Error communicating with kernel

hi

i have been using Eset 6 Smart Security since like 4 months with no issues

however in the last week when i turn on on laptop , i don't see the program popping up on start up and see that it is not running anymore ... i uninstalled the program from control panel . yet i still see ESET folder in my computer ... so i tried to delete it manually but it didn't work..(said it needed SYSTEM privileges access to delete it ) .. so i tried to open the program from my computer [knowing that i deleted the software from control panel] , and a pop up popped saying "error communicating with kernel" 

i want to use ESET , i have a new installation file that when i try to install it says that ESET is already installed..

How can i delete the files in my computer and try to install the software again?

N.B: i tried to open service and enable ESET service but always doesn't get enabled , it is kept disabled. 

Regards

Ghali Majzoub

Ghali ,

First try downloading from this link and running : h ttp://download.eset.com/special/ ESETUninstaller.exe

( As an exe please put the link together. ESET has this file on the uninstall page below)

It is a resource from this page : hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289&locale=en_US

Instructions are provided there for manual removal of the product.

If these methods do not help, post back here and i will tell you how to delete manually without software and deleting that system permission folder.

Edited by Arakasi

hi

i have been using Eset 6 Smart Security since like 4 months with no issues

however in the last week when i turn on on laptop , i don't see the program popping up on start up and see that it is not running anymore ... i uninstalled the program from control panel . yet i still see ESET folder in my computer ... so i tried to delete it manually but it didn't work..(said it needed SYSTEM privileges access to delete it ) .. so i tried to open the program from my computer [knowing that i deleted the software from control panel] , and a pop up popped saying "error communicating with kernel" 

i want to use ESET , i have a new installation file that when i try to install it says that ESET is already installed..

How can i delete the files in my computer and try to install the software again?

N.B: i tried to open service and enable ESET service but always doesn't get enabled , it is kept disabled. 

Regards

Ghali Majzoub

I have exactly the same problem. I desinstalled Esmart security  with uninstaller.exe. I re installed ESS but the problem is still here...After a while, the communication with kernel fails and I don't find soluce. So I let down ESS for this moment and return to another antivirus waiting a soluce...

Ghali ,

First try downloading from this link and running : h ttp://download.eset.com/special/ ESETUninstaller.exe

( As an exe please put the link together. ESET has this file on the uninstall page below)

It is a resource from this page : hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289&locale=en_US

Instructions are provided there for manual removal of the product.

If these methods do not help, post back here and i will tell you how to delete manually without software and deleting that system permission folder.

hi

i tried the uninstaller and it worked .. i installed ESET Smart Security 6 again , but here is what happened that made me shocked .. 

when i installed the software again everything worked fine and everything.. so i shutdown the laptop normally.

i woke up this morning and saw that ESET Smart Security 6 was deleted from my system!!!  

How is that even possible?

Regards

Hi everyone,

Have you completed the steps from this article?

I tried all these solutions but the problem is still there...

I Have Webroot secure anywhere too, as a companion antivirus. This last one don't resolve nothing but it completes well all antivirus suites....