ESET Endpoint BSOD Windows 10 edevmon.sys

czara6
Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

can you please send me a complete memory dump or at least a kernel one as minidumps usually do not contain much info?

Please pack it along with output from ESET Log Collector and send a a private message with a download link?

Regards, P.R.

I've added new dump file to the link from my first post

my windows wersion is now: Windows 10 ver. 1607 (14393.222)

Edited by czara6

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello,

please try to use appropriate (bit-wise) driver from hxxp://ftp.nod.sk/~randziak/Edevmon.zipwhich should fix the issue.

Drivers are located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers please make a backup of the original one, and set memory dumps to full so we can check it if something goes wrong.

Please let us know, how it went.

Regards, P.R.

OK, it's working with this new driver - no more BSOD.

ps. This driver need to be installed from safe mode - (i did it that way)

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

good, thank you for the positive feedback. The fixed driver will be available in Endpoint 6.5 release.

Sorry, that I forgot to mention, that it has to be replaced in the safe mode :-(

Regards, P.R.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

please try to use appropriate (bit-wise) driver from hxxp://ftp.nod.sk/~randziak/Edevmon.zipwhich should fix the issue.

Drivers are located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers please make a backup of the original one, and set memory dumps to full so we can check it if something goes wrong.

Please let us know, how it went.

Regards, P.R.

Hello, the file link you provide doesn't exist, could you help to share the driver again ?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Ron Chang

Hello Ron,

thank you for notifying us, the driver is available again on the same FTP link.

Regards, P.R.

Hello Peter,

After I replaced edevmon.sys by the new one, the issue is resolved. 

Thanks.

BR,

Ron Chang

• 1 month later...

We still have this problem, we try the fix.

But when you will provide a new version of ESET we dont want to replace this file on 600 Systems.

Actually we have disable the USB controll and all is fine. (But we want this feature!)

thx HSW

• ESET Moderators

Hello HWS,

The fixed driver will be available in the upcoming Endpoint 6.5 release.

As I can see you decided to join the ERA 6.5 BETA test, so you have also access to the Endpoint 6.5 BETA ;-)

Regards, P.R.

Yes shure but i dont want to install 600x beta clients :)

So you can say a circa / approximately date ( 1 week or half year)?

thx HSW

• 1 month later...

Hello! What about Endpoint ver. 5? I have the same issue in that version.

Will be there a new ver. 5 release with fixed driver?

Edited by k.shigapov

• 4 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello,

@k.shigapov as far as I know, we have a fix also for the version 5, but it hasn't been officially tested yet.

We may provide you with a customer build, but without any guarantee as it was not approved by QA.

If there will be a release of the Endpoint 5 version, the fixed driver should be there.

Regards, P.R.

i have eset smart Security 9.0.408.1. After updating win 10 pro today i had bluescreen and had to replace the edevmon.sys file for the 3rd time in the last few weeks. I think it happens alwas after win-updates... This is very annoying. What would you do or what can i do?

• Administrators

The latest version is 10.0.390. Please download ESS Live Installer from www.eset.com, uninstall v9 and install v10.

Unfortunately I read the post too late and changed the file again. This had worked again. After I had put this on write protection, I could not start however even in safe mode. A restoration point is also no longer recognizable. Is there a advice to restart Win 10 Pro again?

On 17.3.2017 at 7:52 AM, Stephan K_ said:
Unfortunately I read the post too late and changed the file again. This had worked again. After I had put this on write protection, I could not start however even in safe mode. A restoration point is also no longer recognizable. Is there a advice to restart Win 10 Pro again?

I could replace the file again in DOS-Mode. After that i have installed the latest version in hope to forget that failure....