WIN 10 + ESET 9 slow startup

phmmuller

Hi.. I have a bootup issue with the Windows 10 + ESET NOD32.

The startup time of my notebook is fast, but the ESET doesn't. Until the ESET icon appear in system tray, I have NO internet access and I can't open ESET Client. After the ESET icon appears in system tray my internet access returns and I can open the ESET Client.

Timeline:

| 00h00m09s - Login screen.

| 00h00m14s - Hit ENTER (after typing password).

| 00h00m17s - PC is ready to go and I can open apps (less ESET and internet access).

| 00h01m21s - ESET goes to system tray and I have internet access.

Until the ESET icon appear, I can normally open the browser and type a website, but the browser stay waiting for the ESET. After the ESET icon come to the system tray, the website opens.

I've formated my notebook twice, always with clean installation but I had the same issue and I don't know what to do anymore.

ESET version: 9.0.386.0

Note: sorry for my bad english.

post-13933-0-17278900-1475362006_thumb.png

post-13933-0-42121000-1475362016_thumb.png

post-13933-0-72397900-1475362023_thumb.png

post-13933-0-57191000-1475362031_thumb.png

Hi @phmmuller,

Using the auto-update to move to the newer version or uninstall/install latest version

make a difference?

No. My issue remains.
I've updated the program to version 9.0.402.0, but nothing changes.
So I uninstalled the 9.0.402.0 version and installed NOD32 with the "Live Installer", returning to the 9.0.386.0 version.

• Administrators

Just out of curiosity, does temporarily downgrading to v8 make a difference? The best course of action would be contacting your local customer care and providing them with the output from ESET Log Collector.They should instruct you how to generate a Process monitor boot log which might shed more light too. You can pm me the logs but since I'm traveling for the next 2 weeks and the Internet connectivity is rather poor, I may not have an opportunity to check the logs myself.

Just out of curiosity, does temporarily downgrading to v8 make a difference? The best course of action would be contacting your local customer care and providing them with the output from ESET Log Collector.They should instruct you how to generate a Process monitor boot log which might shed more light too. You can pm me the logs but since I'm traveling for the next 2 weeks and the Internet connectivity is rather poor, I may not have an opportunity to check the logs myself.

No, I haven't tried v8. I tried local support (Brasil) over the ESET Ticket #301779 and #304062, but no success. I think the local support here is more comercial than technical.
Using the Process Monitor v3.31 I made a boot log file to search for something wrong, but I'm not familiar with this tool yet.
For now I'll give it a shot and try v8.
Thanks!