Problem activating Eset 9 ACT.34 Error

I have purchased a new eset license but it gives me an error ACT.34. If i use my old license with a few days left all works correctly. Please can you help me? I don´t know how to do.

• Administrators

We'll try to find out as it seems to be a new code that was not on the previous list of exit activation codes. We'll keep you posted.

I was trying to upgrade from Smart Security 8 to Smart Security 9.

After instalation - upgrade from 8 - my product is not activated. I  also get ACT.34 error.

post-13922-0-94243200-1475352418_thumb.jpg

I was trying to upgrade from Smart Security 8 to Smart Security 9.

After instalation - upgrade from 8 - my product is not activated. I  also get ACT.34 error.

I think I have the same problem as you. Tried as you say eset 8 and the license works, but after updating to 9 I get the ACT.34 error. Also eset 10 is not working.

Edited by jlmcr87

I have tried on a different pc, and I have the same problem with my new license. So I think is related to a problem with the license itself. 

I don´t understand why it works with the old eset 8, and not on the new 9 & 10 versions.

I have news. The license works on eset 9 if I install the english version. But i´m not english so I want the spanish version which gives the ACT.34 error on the activation process.

Well. That's a good news. We have a little hope :)

30 minutes later

It's not working for me. I installed english version and now i have ACT.33 error. :(

Edited by mrnikt

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The ACT.34 activation code shows up when a license is activated in a product with a different language than what the license has on file.

Some licenses have a language lock (based on the country it was bought in), as part of license leakage prevention program.

Thus, the activation will be successful after selecting the appropriate language in the installation.

Regards,

T.

Ok. So why it works with ESS 8 and not with ESS 9??

It's not working both in my native language and english version. In english version it shows ACT.33 error.

Edited by mrnikt

• ESET Moderators

Version 8 used a completely different activation system, thus is not affected by changes in the current activation method.

As for the error ACT.33, it is similar - it is related to a situation when a license is used in a different country than what the license has on file.

Again, some licenses have a country lock (based on the country it was bought in), as part of license leakage prevention program.

I am currently investigating what to do in case you want to legitimately use the product in the country restricted by your license and I will get back to you.

Regards,

T.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Please contact the distributor in the country where you want to use the license - they have dealt witch such cases before, they know what to do.

T.

Hi

I already contacted my lokal distributor. But they dont'care. They said that licence is not From polish distribution Channel and they cant help me.

I also contacted distributor in country i bought program... and they also cant help me.

Edited by mrnikt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I have the the same problem can you help with it ?

Please contact the Polish support. I assume you're attempting to activate Polish v9 or v10 using an Indian license key.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi, I have the same problem, could you help me?

Thank you.

Please contact your local (probably Spanish) distributor. Most likely you're attempting to activate ESET using a key issued for a specific language version.

• 4 months later...

I have the same Problem. I obviously got a chinese license and can not activate the German version. German ESET Support tells me to contact the merchant i got the license from, but the merchant does not exist anymore. What to do?

BTW: I bought the License in Feb. 2016 and it was working fine for over a year till yesterday, when i needed to reinstall one Computer. Now im getting ACT.34. Did not know it was chinese back then.

Edited by ViRAT

Hi, I have the same problem, I bought a license last week but I received the ACT.34 error during activation, the key was sold to me as not region locked so that's why I am writing to you to understand from which country could the key come from: may I send you a PM in order to verify and tell where it's supposed to be activated?

Thanks in advance for your help and your kind reply.