Offline Update via USB drive on Mac OS X

croeloc

I am attempting to update a Mac offline. I was told by ESET Support that I only need to add the path to the files in the "update server" list but no matter what level of the folder structure I place in the update server list the system returns "server not found". 

The path I have entered is /Volumes/ESET/Mirror which contains the path eset_upd/ and a folder for each version of the application downloaded using the MirrorTool. Is there a specific level of the folder structure I need to enter? 

Is anyone familiar with updating NOD32 for Mac offline? Any help would be appreciated.

• ESET Moderators

Can you verify a few things: 

1. this thread is posted in the ESET Home > ESET NOD32 Antivirus section. Which product are you attempting to update? Seems like it's ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for macOS...? If so, we'll move this to the appropriate forum. 
  2. Are you using ERA? Which version.
  3. Have you created the mirror following the instructions here hxxp://support.eset.com/kb814/

Can you see if this KB helps: How do I configure ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac Business Edition clients to access the Mirror server?

1. Yes this is NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS. Looks like I didn't scroll down far enough/read the finer print for the correct section.

2. I have installed an ERA 6.x server but was also told by ESET Support that I could use the Mirror Tool to transfer updates to an offline system.

3. I have the ERA server connected to the Internet as a Mirror but there is not a path to the Mac systems as they are on an isolated networks. I am also trying to avoid adding systems to specifically serve as update servers. Our preferred method would be to update each Mac (there are only a few) via a USB drive. 

I did not clarify in my previous post that ESET Support directed me to the Mirror Tool. After downloading the updates using the Mirror Tool I was told I could configure the Mac to update from the USB drive by adding an Update Server value of the path to the files. When I do this I keep receiving a "Server Not Found" error.

The knowledge base article explains how to setup a Mirror on a Windows system but I do not see the Mirror option available on a Mac system i.e. if I want the Mac to act as it's own Mirror.