Installation failed - sufficient privileges to stop system services

i use All-in-one installer (agent + ees) and GPO with run-once startup script who run "ERA_Installer_x86_en_US.exe --silent" to manage eset on domain. 

ERA_Installer_x86_en_US.exe on workstation successful install agent, but not ees.

To install application (ees) on these failed clients I create Software install task (ESET Endpoint Security 6; version 6.4.2014.0 for windows (Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP), language en_US). Who failed with:

"Task failed, try to install software manually."

I added software-install.log as attachment, but I think interesting part is: 

"Product: ESET Endpoint Security -- Error 1921. Service 'ESET Service' (ekrn) could not be stopped.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services."

Also failed when i try install on local workstation with admin permissions:

ees_nt32_enu.msi /qn /log c:\temp\install.log

I added install.log as attachment too.

On workstation services 'ESET Remoter Administrator Agent' and 'ESET Service' log on as Local System account.

What I do incorrect ? What additional information to You may help?

software-install.log

install.log

• Administrators

What version of Endpoint are you attempting to upgrade to v6.4? If an older version is installed and working correctly, copy the information about installed modules and paste it here.

My current situation install fail even on new workstations (and similar on upgrade too), that's why i stop to upgrade production until I understand my fail on lab environment.

I run "ERA_Installer_x86_en_US.exe --silent" (it included agent+ees) on fresh windows workstation, it install agent, but can't install ees.

Short extract from logs:

for agent:

- Installation success or error status: 0. 

for ees:

- Product: ESET Endpoint Security -- Error 1921. Service 'ESET Service' (ekrn) could not be stopped.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.

- Installation success or error status: 1603.

See attachments, for full logs from installation.

@Marcos

In production i have following client versions:

ESET Endpoint Security  vers.6.3.2016.0

ESET Endpoint Security  vers.6.4.2014.0

Agent_x86.msi.log.txt

ees_nt32_enu.msi.log.txt

Edited by rpnc

• Administrators

Could you try temporarily disabling Self-defense on one machine and restarting it before performing upgrade? I'm not 100% sure but I assume it could be an issue with older vs new binary signatures as the signature changed in v6.4 if I recall correctly.