Free online scanner finishes with GUI unreadable or black

I use the free online scanner for years on multiple machines using XP, Win 7, Win 8 and starting perhaps 3-5 months ago when a new version of the download appeared (the GUI changed), the results have always been unpredictable insofar as when the GUI finishes, the results are unreadable -- the ESET window is is completely black and just won't properly restore itself to look readable.  The prior version works just fine.  This has occurred so many times on so many machines and has never been fixed that I am inclined to conclude it is by design, to perhaps discourage the overuse of the free software.  That is, perhaps it is better to do the scan and report the results back to ESET but render it useless for the customer unwilling to purchase it.  I am calling out ESET to respond to this and I prefer not to put out a you tube video showing this behavior and showing how to download and use a .NET C# utility I found that parses a painfully difficult log file for the results (the log  used to be a flat ASCII file now it is garbagy but parseable by a smart person, certainly someone who is suspicious of potentially disingenuous program behavior by ESET -- this garbagy log file is further evidence of making it difficult for free users by design).

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with Win 7 64bit Ultimate.  The scanner runs and turns black after about 25%.  Today I ran it in safe mode and after a few hours the eset window turned black across and may have froze up although I'm not sure because the black blocks cover the time running and stop button and the files detected.  I've been using the online scanner on this machine for years with no problems!

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello,

the preview version of ESET Online Scanner, fixing reported stability issues is available here: hxxp://ftp.nod.sk/~randziak/ESETOnlineScanner_ENU.exe

The version is not yet fully tested and approved so use it at your own risk.

P.R.