when will seat ID generated?

Hi:

I am confusion about the status of seat ID. I found generally client with  offline license has no Seat ID.

but I found situation below:

1. client with offline license has seat ID.

2. client with online license has no seat ID. (ghost license)

3. client shows no seat ID, but ERA shows client has seat ID.

and I don't know where to check client seat ID at ERA. I can only use Dynamic group to category client with seat ID regex filter(so I know ERA's view about client seat ID). Am I miss something?

thanks a lot for help!!

• ESET Staff

Hello tbsky. Seat ID is generated upon a part of the process, which is called "association". This happens, as a part of the activation scenario, when client installation first contacts ESET Licensing server.

This happens in two cases: 

1. Normal activation - client is activated using license key / security admin account, and it connects intentionally to edf.eset.com to register
  2. Silent association - to verify offline file potential misuse. Client is activated using offline license, however it still tries to reach edf.eset.com. When it succeeds, seat is generated. 

I (or some of my colleagues) will post a second response, concerning the "seat ID" information. 

Hello tbsky. Seat ID is generated upon a part of the process, which is called "association". This happens, as a part of the activation scenario, when client installation first contacts ESET Licensing server.

This happens in two cases: 

1. Normal activation - client is activated using license key / security admin account, and it connects intentionally to edf.eset.com to register
  2. Silent association - to verify offline file potential misuse. Client is activated using offline license, however it still tries to reach edf.eset.com. When it succeeds, seat is generated. 

I (or some of my colleagues) will post a second response, concerning the "seat ID" information. 

hi:

thanks for the clarify! it's much clear for me now. wait for second response...

Edited by tbsky