Upgraded Endpoint Security to 6.4.2014.2 - Activation not working anymore

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

Hey,

i just updated 3 Computers through ERA Client-Task to the newset 6.4.2014.2 Version of Endpoint Security. But a new created Activation Task isn't working.It fails on all of the 3 Systems. After some reboots i updated Agent Service through a Client-Task but still the same Problem.

The Endpoint Software updated successfully on the Client Machines but it is marked as "failed" in the Client-Task Report...

Isn't 6.4.2014.2 a stable Version? There is no errorlog in the Events-Logfile of Endpoint so i have no idea why it isnt activating it again...

ERA-Server is already updated to the newest Version!!

Please help me :)

And its NOT possible to activate a Client through the Security Admin Windows in Endpoint. It says that there is no Account for my E-Mail Adresse...but if i Login to my ELA Account, im able to login and see my License and PC's....

Errorcode ACT.8

• ESET Staff

This is weird. Upgrade procedure is done in a way, that when you install a newer version of Endpoint over the old one (like 6.4 over 6.3), the license information is kept. If this is not the case, it should be reported by a support ticket and troubleshooted. Can you please report here the version of the configuration engine module, you have in your Endpoint product (go to about / modules / configuration support module). Just out of curiosity, have you applied some policy, that was converted from previously exported configuration on those clients, or this is not the case? 

Here is a Image of a "NOT" Updated Client Endpoint Software. Are those Informations right? Theres nothing like about/modules/config support module on my clients software...

hxxp://saved.im/mtc4mdazczz5/bildschirmfoto2016-09-12um173427.png

What do you mean with old policys? I upgraded the whole ERA Server to 6.4 and yes i did not deleted my policys which i created before that upgrade. ??? do i need to create them new? i have a lot of policys :D

• ESET Staff

What do you mean with old policys? I upgraded the whole ERA Server to 6.4 and yes i did not deleted my policys which i created before that upgrade. ??? do i need to create them new? i have a lot of policys :D

ERA v6 enables you to create configuration policy from product's exported configuration (as an alternative to creating policy from scratch) - have you done this before upgrade?

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

If you have a license for EEA and have upgraded to EES, it might explain the failed activation, as license for EEA is not eligible to activate EES. It would also explain the task results, as the "failed", refers to the sctivation part of the task (you can check execution details, where you will see that the installation finished successfully).

If you have a license for EEA and have upgraded to EES, it might explain the failed activation, as license for EEA is not eligible to activate EES. It would also explain the task results, as the "failed", refers to the sctivation part of the task (you can check execution details, where you will see that the installation finished successfully).

But activation is required even after product upgraded?

Edited by bbahes