Virus signature updates failed with serious error.

Hello,

Today ESS reported that a serious error had occured during updates. (Ox1106).

I have seen this in the past and always fixed the problem by clearing the update cache. This no longer seems to work - I am stuck at signature 14095 and I see that the latest signature should be 14098.

This is a serious problem to me as I have a three seat subscription with the problem occuring on all machines.

I would appreciate someone at ESET addressing this matter urgently.

Thank You

• Administrators

What version of ESS do you use? To create logs for further analysis, carry on as follows:

1, Download Process Monitor (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx), run it and start logging.

2, Open the command prompt as an administrator and run the command logman start updater -p {f329ae9a-556d-4934-920f-234e835d9ece} 0xffffff 10 -o C:\eset.etl -ets

3, Run manual update.

4, Switch to Process Monitor and stop logging.

5, Save the log (with no filters).

6, Open the command prompt as an administrator and run the command logman stop updater -ets

7. Drop me a pm with the following logs:

- c:\eset.etl

- Process Monitor log (*.pml)

- logs collected by ESET Log Collector (hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3466/).

Hello again,

Wihin an hour of my last post ESET Smart Security successfully updated itself, after having been stuck at signature 14095, to signature 14099. (By-passing 14096 to 14098)

So, presumably there was some problem with the updating process which subsequently was corrected.  Updating has since continued as normal with no further problem.

However, since I cleared the updates cache in an attempt to fix the original problem - does this mean that I now only have the most recent update signatures and have lost all previously installed signatures?  In other words does each new signature update include all previous updates as well as the new signatures?

Many Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

No, clearing the content of the update cache does not affect updates in other way than that more files may be downloaded during the next update. You always get a complete engine with all signatures.