product activation error

hi:

sometimes I got activation error via client task. error message below:

There is no product supporting given task. No module is subscribed for message ProductActivation (43)

it seems some kind of racing. but I don't know what is racing. the client task is trigger by endpoint 6 installed or unactivated.

• Former ESET Employees

Hello tbsky,

This error is typically produced when running the activation task on a target that does not have a supported ESET product. Please view the computer details of the target, and check the installed applications tab to verify if the Agent is reporting an ESET Security product as installed. You can do this through the task details. Click on the failed task, select 'show failed', find your computer, click on it, then click 'Details...'

Best,

Eric

Hello tbsky,

This error is typically produced when running the activation task on a target that does not have a supported ESET product. Please view the computer details of the target, and check the installed applications tab to verify if the Agent is reporting an ESET Security product as installed. You can do this through the task details. Click on the failed task, select 'show failed', find your computer, click on it, then click 'Details...'

Best,

Eric

hi:

the task is triggered by join dynamic group. the dynamic group template rule is endpoint product installed or unactivated. so I don't know why the task is triggered but it said does not have supported product. if I re-run the task manually again, it will success.

• ESET Staff

Could you please provide details about the used dynamic group template?

It might happen, that when you have used a condition "installed aplication name" fir the dynamic group, it will hit before the agent has established the connection with the endpoint, as it gets the installed software name from the Operating System. Please add also a condition for "managed product mask", with the "security product" (little monitor icon). This would prevent the task from triggering before the agent/endpoint communication is fully established.

Could you please provide details about the used dynamic group template?

It might happen, that when you have used a condition "installed aplication name" fir the dynamic group, it will hit before the agent has established the connection with the endpoint, as it gets the installed software name from the Operating System. Please add also a condition for "managed product mask", with the "security product" (little monitor icon). This would prevent the task from triggering before the agent/endpoint communication is fully established.

hi:

thanks for the suggestion. I didn't see "There is no product supporting given task" error now.

but the task still sometimes failed. after testing I realized the reason is I have different policy (include proxy settings) and different client task for different groups. and when computer shows on the group, the policy apply and client task are racing. many times the client task will run before policy apply, and it failed because proxy setting is not there yet.

since I can not tune the order of policy apply and client task running, I try to delay client task. but no matter what I set at "Throtting", when I click finish nothing is saved. can "Joined dynamic group trigger" working with "Throtting"?

thanks a lot for help!!

Hi:

I have found other ways to solve my problem. but I would like to report:

1. client task trigger with throttling is very buggy. many items can not be saved. but I think these are known bugs, since the client task component is full of bugs, maybe they will be fixed all together.

2. policy apply and client task are racing when computer joins a group, cause unstable result. maybe Eset can add a dynamic group filter rule like "client policy already applied". so client task can decide if it would like to run before or after the policy applied.