Exclude Firewall from RA Install

Go to solution Solved by Rook,

Hi

Can anyone tell me how I install Endpoint Security onto a machine via the latest version of remote administrator but exclude the Firewall component from installing?

Many thanks

Warren

• Solution

Hello WarrenIITS,

You can perform a component based install using ERA Software Install client task. Either by using the parameter 'ADDLOCAL' or 'ADDEXCLUDE'.

ADDLOCAL will only install components you define - Example: ADDLOCAL=WebAndEmail,WebAccessProtection,ProtocolFiltering,WebControl,DeviceControl,EmailClientProtection,MailPlugins,Antispam,DocumentProtection

ADDEXCLUDE will exclude defined components - Example: ADDEXCLUDE=Network,Firewall

I can confirm both these parameters work via ERA. In the 'Software Install' client task settings, you just need to specify the parameter: ADDEXCLUDE=Network,Firewall

You can view the full list of Feature Names (and other instructions) from here: hxxp://help.eset.com/ees/6/en-US/installation_via_era_command.htm

However, the ESET File Security user guide is more up to date and includes the 'ADDEXLUDE' parameter: hxxp://help.eset.com/efsw/6.4/en-US/installation_cmd.htm

Let me know if you need any other help! 

Best,

Rook

**edited to fix a misspelled word and formatting

Edited by Rook