software package install parameter

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

hi:

I wonder if there is package installation parameter document for V6? I remember there is document for V5.

I found some agent install parameter via ERA-generated agent install script, but I can not found these for endpoint packages.

today I want to uninstall endpoint via ERA client task. but it failed because the task didn't pass correct uninstall password to client.(smell like a bug?)

I try to add V5 parameter "password=XXXX"  to the task and it do the job successful!

since I always use windows login script to install software. it will be great help it I can understand these V6 parameters.

thanks a lot for help!!

• ESET Staff

There are most basic installation command line parameter described in ERA documentation. In case you want to use any specific parameter from V5, feel free to ask as we will have to check whether they are supported in V6 products. I guess they will be described in manual of each specific product.

hi:

thanks for the guide. but it didn't mention "password=xxxx". I want to know if there is a parameter so I can assign license file. or  can I assign configuration xml like v5? I think it is possible since ERA can create a single exe file for these. but I don't know the hidden parameters..

thanks again for your help!!

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hello, concerning the uninstallation password parameter, this is documented in ERA console itself, in the tooltip for the uninstallation task, and in the screen for "installed applications", when additional pop-up with request to specify uninstallation password is displayed.  For what you would like to assign a license file in case of V6? V6 is activated either using offline file, or activation task, other activation methods are not supported (package installer allows activation using the silent token, however only ERA is able to generate this one).

post-35-0-51466000-1473324740_thumb.png

post-35-0-18782400-1473326117_thumb.png

Edited by MichalJ

Hello, concerning the uninstallation password parameter, this is documented in ERA console itself, in the tooltip for the uninstallation task, and in the screen for "installed applications", when additional pop-up with request to specify uninstallation password is displayed.  For what you would like to assign a license file in case of V6? V6 is activated either using offline file, or activation task, other activation methods are not supported (package installer allows activation using the silent token, however only ERA is able to generate this one).

ok! thanks for your confirm!