policy UI inconsistent

hi:

I have problems with endpoint settings, so I request client configuration from ERA. but the configuration opened at ERA is missing the "Email clients" part at "Email client protection" section. screenshot  shows the difference.

and my real problem is, when the client software installed and get policy from ERA server for the first time, some settings for the "Email clients" will be disabled (as I red marked at first screenshot). I am sure I don't have that policy in ERA server. and the disabled settings can be reset at client side, so it is not a ERA policy. but I really don't know where they came from. any hint for the strange situation?

post-4997-0-75619100-1473265603_thumb.jpg

post-4997-0-02786400-1473265613_thumb.jpg

Edited by tbsky

hi:

I have problems with endpoint settings, so I request client configuration from ERA. but the configuration opened at ERA is missing the "Email clients" part at "Email client protection" section. screenshot  shows the difference.

and my real problem is, when the client software installed and get policy from ERA server for the first time, some settings for the "Email clients" will be disabled (as I red marked at first screenshot). I am sure I don't have that policy in ERA server. and the disabled settings can be reset at client side, so it is not a ERA policy. but I really don't know where they came from. any hint for the strange situation?

hi:

the strange situation of "Email Client protection disabled" went away after I reboot the ERA server. so I may trigger hidden bugs when I configure the ERA server, or maybe ERA component daily update without reboot cause it. I am lucky that reboot solve the problem.

but I still don't understand the inconsistency of configuration UI between ERA and endpoint client. is this a bug or feature?

Edited by tbsky

• ESET Staff

Hello, this is related to the "configuration engine/ support module". This component is updatable remotely, via an updateable module, and it might happen that a different version is used locally (by product) and different version is on server.

On September 7 we have released a new set of windows server products, with new configuration (policy) options. To support this release, we have also published a newer configuration module, which resolved the issue for you.

Server restart / console logout / login might be needed for all changes to fully take effect.

Hello, this is related to the "configuration engine/ support module". This component is updatable remotely, via an updateable module, and it might happen that a different version is used locally (by product) and different version is on server.

On September 7 we have released a new set of windows server products, with new configuration (policy) options. To support this release, we have also published a newer configuration module, which resolved the issue for you.

Server restart / console logout / login might be needed for all changes to fully take effect.

I don't know if my system is up to date. my version is:

Configuration module1277.15 (20160721)

but the situation is the same. in the "request configuration" I can not see the missing part.