ESET NOD32 - Personal Firewall ?

Samoréen

Hi,

Even after returning to version 9.0.386 after the problematic 9.0.402 update, I'm still getting the following messages in the log:

01/09/2016 23:23:37;Personal firewall;An error occurred during installation of the epfwwfpr driver.;
01/09/2016 23:23:36;File-system filter;An error occurred during installation of the eamonm driver.;NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

What does this mean ? There's no Personal Firewall in ESET NOD32 or am I that blind ? I'm not running Eset Smart Security and never installed it, even as a trial. It seems that there's some kind of mix-up here.

• Administrators

There's a part of the firewall included in EAV too which is responsible for protocol filtering. I'd suggest running the uninstall tool in safe mode and installing 9.0.386 from scratch. However, there can be a system problem (e.g. with incorrect registry permissions) which could prevent EAV from installing the epfwwfpr driver. It'd require further investigation if installing it from scratch doesn't make any difference.

OK. I have fixed the installation problem for epfwwfpr by installing it manually from the command line which seems to demonstrate that I didn't have a permission problem. If I can install manually while ESET itself cannot install, the problem is elsewhere.

However, I still cannot install the eamonm driver .

OK. Continuing helping myself...

I could install the eamonm.sys driver in safe mode. So it's not a permission problem either.

No more errors in the ESET log files but I'm afraid they will come back with the next updates if the problem is not fixed meanwhile.

• Administrators

Drivers are installed by the operating system. If you are able to reproduce it with a clean install, it'd be great if you could generate a log with Process monitor during the install.