Trigger policy refresh

Is there a way to do this from the client? And/or is it logged somewhere on the client?

I've visited a few OS X clients that don't seem to be getting the latest/correct policies. I'd like to be able to force the client to pull its policies and verify that task completed successfully or failed.

Is it possible to accomplish this?

• ESET Staff

Hello, this is currently not possible. Agent connects to ERA server in configured interval.

What might happen is, that agent is busy, sending excessive log data to ERA server, so the policies are not applied (for example, if diagnostic logging is enabled on the computer).

Besides that, a restart of the machine should help. You can check the status of the agent, in status.html.

Thanks for the info.

This is another one of these where status.html shows everything fine, trace.log shows no issues. Client is pointing to the proper IP for ERA server, but the workstation does not appear in the ERA console either by name or by IP address. It does not appear to be getting the latest policies, either, despite no errors.

• ESET Staff

I have checked with the devs, and there are following possible results:

- agent might not be running, it might be crashed. You will find our, by checking not just the errors, but also the time of the last successful replication

- there might be a problem with ETL, server service should be restarted

- agent is connecting with a different name than expected (DNS resolving issue)

- it might be a duplicated entry, created by cloning another machine - reset agent task should help

Can you please confirm, that it is not any of the above mentioned? Thank you.