What is ESET suggestion for a PopUp Blocker ?

Mr.Pr

Hello.

well as you can see i want to know which Adblocker or PopUP Blocker ( like uBlock extension ) is trusted by ESET in Privacy terms and ...

Regards,Parham

Hello.

well as you can see i want to know which Adblocker or PopUP Blocker ( like uBlock extension ) is trusted by ESET in Privacy terms and ...

Regards,Parham

I found that uBlock doesn't suit my needs because it doesn't allow me to add the Facebook Annoyances Blockers and the "I do not care about cookies" filter list even when I add it to my custom filters list, it doesn't actually work so I continue to use my trusted AdBlock Plus but when installing it, make sure you uncheck the box in the filters that says "Allow some non-intrusive ads"

Here are the filters that I use:

post-1272-0-80883100-1472767231_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Former ESET Employees

ESET doesn't officially recommend for or against any specific programs for suppressing ad display. 

It's always safer to avoid clicking ads at all but that's not why I personally use ad blockers. It's mostly just to avoid the visual clutter they cause on websites. As a personal user, I've used Adblock Plus and been happy with it...until this news hit yesterday: hxxp://www.theverge.com/2016/9/13/12890050/adblock-plus-now-sells-ads 

Now, I have the same question as you do. Perhaps it's time to just deal with the visual clutter, continue using safe online practices and rely on multi-layered security solutions like ESET and their partners provide, just to be safe.

• 1 month later...

In Firefox I use Adguard (as an extension). In IE11 I use Adblock Plus - but with the news dwomack brings I'll have to re-examine that.

I spend most my time in Firefox. I do not click on ads (just like dwomack), so again it's mostly to clear up the clutter.

Edited by TomFace