Upgrading ERA and Endpoint AV to 6.4

I am in progress of planning on upgrading my clients from ERA Agent 6.3 to 6.4 as well as Endpoint AV.  The server has already been upgraded and has been successful.  I am interested in using the all in one installer to create a package that should update both the agent and the endpoint av product.  My question is will I need to deploy the license with this as well, or will the license retain from the product already being installed?  

install over the top gives you option to keep existing settings. It's checked by default. The push through ERA will also keep existing settings which means your license information. Even if this information was lost the agent should be able to recognize and pull your license back to the endpoint. 

install over the top gives you option to keep existing settings. It's checked by default. The push through ERA will also keep existing settings which means your license information. Even if this information was lost the agent should be able to recognize and pull your license back to the endpoint. 

Thanks for the information.  I was planning on using the AIO to generate the Agent and Endpoint in one installer then use SCCM to deploy the package.  In this scenario, would I need to include the license, or can I just do the installer?

• ESET Staff

Is there any reason for not using upgrade mechanisms integrated in ERA? I mean "Components upgrade task" for upgrading AGENT's and "Software installation task" for upgrading endpoints?

Regarding all-in-one installer, I strongly recommend to test it before deploying to whole network because it was not tested to be used for upgrading - it's main purpose is initial deployment. 

Is there any reason for not using upgrade mechanisms integrated in ERA? I mean "Components upgrade task" for upgrading AGENT's and "Software installation task" for upgrading endpoints?

Regarding all-in-one installer, I strongly recommend to test it before deploying to whole network because it was not tested to be used for upgrading - it's main purpose is initial deployment. 

I am also in the process of updating, but have not looked into an AIO installer yet.

I get a lot of "failed" when updating from ERA.

I am also in the process of updating, but have not looked into an AIO installer yet.

I get a lot of "failed" when updating from ERA.

I also have had a lot of failed tasks with the error "Task failed.  Try installing manually".  Additionally, I have an endpoint management tool, SCCM, that I would like to use to manage software and deploy updates from in a controlled manner.

• 1 month later...

I have tried to upgrade OSX users to the latest Agent 6.4 and the upgrade using the ERA will not work.

I have also tried the EraAgentInstaller.sh file which I generated from the ERA and that fails too with the following errors... looks like a OSX 10.12 issue?

EraAgentInstaller.sh: line 7: : No such file or directory
EraAgentInstaller.sh: line 9: : No such file or directory
EraAgentInstaller.sh: line 70: : No such file or directory
tee: : No such file or directory
EraAgentInstaller.sh: line 136: : No such file or directory
Downloading installer image 'hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/v6/6.4.232.0/Agent-MacOSX-i386.dmg':
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 26.3M  100 26.3M    0     0  4273k      0  0:00:06  0:00:06 --:--:-- 3888k
EraAgentInstaller.sh: line 148: : No such file or directory
Checking integrity of of downloaded package /tmp/EraAgentOnlineInstaller.dmg.L09Xaze9: OK
Mounting image '/tmp/EraAgentOnlineInstaller.dmg.L09Xaze9':
hdiutil: attach: cannot convert "" to URL
Usage:    hdiutil attach [options] <image>
hdiutil attach -help
ls: fts_open: No such file or directory
Installing package '/':
installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/'.
Cleaning up:

Anyone else fixed this?