Latest version of NOD32 (9.0.402.0) has rebroken HIPS

leosuth

Night before last after NOD32 was updated to previous version (dunno what that was), HIPS got broken. After a lot of faffing around, including uninstalling and reinstalling, I managed to restart it by doing a Pre-release update - it worked fine all day yesterday.

Last night, another update was done to v9.0.402.0 .............. HIPS IS AGAIN BROKEN!!! (and also Device control reported as non functional)

This time trying a pre-release update doesn't appear to do anything useful - do I have to uninstall it once again?

Apologies, but this is beginning to get beyond silly - do I give up with NOD32 (which I have used for years with no problems) and get something else, or do I just ignore the red warnings and carry on regardless?

I'm on Windows 10 build 10586.545

In the end, I had to bite the bullet and reinstall NOD32 as download from site  <_< - it's up and running now with HIPS enabled, all looking good except that (for now) running 9.0.386 (I think) with automatic updates disabled for the time being so I can manually update the database each day while not having the app itself updating (dodging HIPS problem I hope).

Just until the HIPS problem is resolved, then back on auto-update it goes!  :)

Night before last after NOD32 was updated to previous version (dunno what that was), HIPS got broken. After a lot of faffing around, including uninstalling and reinstalling, I managed to restart it by doing a Pre-release update - it worked fine all day yesterday.

Last night, another update was done to v9.0.402.0 .............. HIPS IS AGAIN BROKEN!!! (and also Device control reported as non functional)

This time trying a pre-release update doesn't appear to do anything useful - do I have to uninstall it once again?

Apologies, but this is beginning to get beyond silly - do I give up with NOD32 (which I have used for years with no problems) and get something else, or do I just ignore the red warnings and carry on regardless?

When you say HIPS is broken, do you mean you are having problems with https: websites?

hxxp://imgur.com/a/vF7ga

I also have a problem with Firefox 48.0 and add-ons from Mozilla the download never finishes and throws an error comment every time.

This all happened yesterday also.

Update: If I disable Web & Mail > SSL/TLS > Enable SSL/TLS protocol filtering my browser works like it should.

Can anybody explain to me why that is as I am not computer literate enough to work it out myself.

Edited by subyroo

When you say HIPS is broken, do you mean you are having problems with https: websites?

I also have a problem with Firefox 48.0 and add-ons from Mozilla the download never finishes and throws an error comment every time.

Update: If I disable Web & Mail > SSL/TLS > Enable SSL/TLS protocol filtering my browser works like it should.

Can anybody explain to me why that is as I am not computer literate enough to work it out myself.

I guess I worded that badly. I am referring to the problem of not being able to start HIPS - I believe the cause being something to do with problematic communication between Windows 10 (Windows Security Centre?) and NOD32

I guess I worded that badly. I am referring to the problem of not being able to start HIPS - I believe the cause being something to do with problematic communication between Windows 10 (Windows Security Centre?) and NOD32

No worries, you never know unless you ask. :D

No worries, you never know unless you ask. :D

Update: Eset NOD32 upgraded to v9.0.402.0 and SSL/TLS activated, everything appears to working Ok, I have only had 1 x Untrusted Certificate pop up today (08/31/2016)

post-1240-0-52674600-1472612135_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanting to check that v9.0.402.0 is being fixed/replaced with respect to the disabled HIPS problem - and maybe any idea of release date, maybe? :)

Apologies for pestering