Eset clean the archive

khoi2406

Eset clean my whole archive when it detect a threat although I set it to Normal cleaning. I want eset just delete the infected file not my whole archive. Please show me how to config it. Thanks

• Administrators

It's not possible to support hundreds of various archivers and compression methods. The scanner would have to unpack all files, remove the malicious ones and compress them again using the same archiver and compression method.

This is a file sent by my friend. There is a video and a text which is clean and a potential unwanted program. Eset has deleted that whole archive. I want to get a pdf file but I afraid of that threat file so I don't want to extract that archive file. Is that any problem with my eset? I set cleaning option to Normal clean.

• Administrators

You can extract the archive, delete the PUA detected by ESET and then put the files to an archive. This cannot be done automatically.

Yeah! That's the only way. But I think eset should have feature removing threat from archive instead of deleting whole archive like that. This would make eset greater. Every other antivirus like avast, kaspersky... have this feature. But after all, thank you for viewing my post