ESET Endpoint NOT filtering spam - help

FelineFelon

Hello all,

I have just joined and hoping someone would help me, please.  My ESET Endpoint AV is no longer filtering spam.

Here is the "fun" point:  I have ESET Endpoint installed via a computer repair company on a one-year license.  Their so-called "support" for Endpoint is in the vicinity of Slim to None -- really appalling.  Their sole solution is to bring my desktop in and they will fix it -- at a fee. 

Thus far, I have set the email defaults back to the original but still no joy.  Sadly a couple of friends have had their Yahoo mail hacked and I am getting spam from them -- which ESET is not catching.  Nor did it catch a phishing attempt a few weeks ago.

Email client:  WindowsMail (not the "live" stuff, the Windows Vista client)
ESET Endpoint:  Version 5.0.2254.0

Would someone kindly help me with the set-up or figure out what's gone awry, please?  Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

If you don't see ESET's icon in the email client despite having integration enabled, I would open a support ticket with your local customer care as troubleshooting won't be easy and more iterations will be needed. To start off, logs from ESET Log Collector will be needed. Windows email clients are not documented for developers so there are no instructions for developing plug-ins. Therefore it may happen that issues with such plug-ins may occasionally occur.

If you don't see ESET's icon in the email client despite having integration enabled, I would open a support ticket with your local customer care as troubleshooting won't be easy and more iterations will be needed. To start off, logs from ESET Log Collector will be needed. Windows email clients are not documented for developers so there are no instructions for developing plug-ins. Therefore it may happen that issues with such plug-ins may occasionally occur.

Is this (image) the icon you mean ?  Apologies if I'm not understanding.  I also have the "infected" folder but it is way down on my folder list.  When I first had the Endpoint installed, it did send spam/junk to the infected folder.

Could this have anything to do with my port settings, although I did reset the email client bit back to Default.

Unfortunately, I will have to flat out buy another ESET license if I can't get this sorted as the company that sold me the Endpoint is not cooperative.

Thanks in advance.post-13413-0-77208900-1471791030_thumb.jpg

Edited by FelineFelon

Can you confirm exactly which product you have? Endpoint Antivirus is just antivirus, e.g. no spam filter, but Smart Security does have spam filtering. So the exact product name does matter.

Also, 5.x is not the latest, you might be better upgrading. 6.x is the latest for Business products, whilst the consumer stream is 9.x or 10.x

Jim

doesn't matter if you have the home or biz product of ENDPOINT AV or NOD32 there is no client integration for SPAM. This would only be true for ENDPOINT SECURITY AND ESET SMART SECURITY. The integration into EEA or NOD32 is only for scanning of individual EML files. EMAIL Scanning running real time is at the forefront of the email protection however.