Hi All,

I have Windows 10 Anniversary update installed on my system and all is well, I also have ESET Smart Security 9 (latest update) installed. I went to print from my laptop (Windows 10 Home Anniversary update)  and I get the error code: 0x80070035 when trying to connect to the main computer which has the printer installed. I have tried many of the options available in the Google search and been at this for 4 hrs now. I have tried setting a rule in the ESET Firewall but that don't seem to work.  This worked fine for me before I installed version 9.  to the best of my knowledge.

Could someone here send me a link or instruct me as to how I can access each computer like before? :I uninstalled ESET Smart security and reinstalled again but it don't work.

I have allowed sharing of the printer on the main computer and setup the homegroup and the laptop is connected with the password. I can see the laptop from my main computer but cannot access it. I cannot see the main computer from the laptop.

Greatly appreciate any help in this issue with Version 9.

cheers

Today I have removed Eset Security software and I am now able to see both computers under Network and under Home Group but still can't access either computer :( So it seems Eset is part of the culprit. I will not reinstall it until I have this network issue resolved. I may not even install Eset at all. 

Seems nobody here on this forum is experiencing this issue or it is a known issue and no solution yet :(

cheers

Hello Ed, this forum is a place where Moderators and users of various experience can discuss and review common issues/problems. It does not take the place of the formal ESET Support system. That being said, have you opened a trouble ticket with your local ESET distributor?

If you are in North America, go to  https://www.eset.com/us/support/contact/s3/?seg=home. If you are in another part of the world, contact/see your local ESET distributor/website.

Good luck.

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

Which of the following makes a difference?

- disabling ESET's firewall via gui

- disabling ESET's firewall in the advanced setup

- disabling Web protection via gui

- disabling Protocol filtering in the advanced setup

- disabling HIPS and restarting the computer

- disabling Automatic real-time protection start and restarting the computer

Hello Ed, this forum is a place where Moderators and users of various experience can discuss and review common issues/problems. It does not take the place of the formal ESET Support system. That being said, have you opened a trouble ticket with your local ESET distributor?

If you are in North America, go to  https://www.eset.com/us/support/contact/s3/?seg=home. If you are in another part of the world, contact/see your local ESET distributor/website.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the reply. I have not tried to contact ESET yet because  now that I have uninstalled ESET software from my computer I am still getting the 0x80070035 error. So I must first try to fix this error before reinstalling ESET..I have tried countless fixes for this error and none worked. I am almost to the point that I may reinstall Windows 10 because of the many changes I done. At least now I know that ESET was blocking the computers from seeing each other and now I just have to find a fix for the error so I can access both computers and print from my laptop like always. This is a tough one for me this time and I can only blame the error on the anniversary upgrade. MS must have changed something with network security to cause this or maybe the upgrade made a glitch when installing. I am at my wits end on this problem,

Greatly appreciate your suggestion and if I get this error fixed and reinstall ESET and it blocks my network I will certainly follow your link to contact ESET.

cheers

Which of the following makes a difference?

- disabling ESET's firewall via gui

- disabling ESET's firewall in the advanced setup

- disabling Web protection via gui

- disabling Protocol filtering in the advanced setup

- disabling HIPS and restarting the computer

- disabling Automatic real-time protection start and restarting the computer

Thanks for your reply. I first tried to disable ESET but that didn't make any difference. I tried disabling it after many of the error 0x80070035 fixes I tried and I still could not see the computers in Network or Homegroup. So after a full day of that I decided yesterday morning to completely uninstall ESET and after a reboot both showed on the two computers. I could see the shared folders but could not access them. I though I was getting somewhere but they still can't communicate. There is something in ESET that blocks them from showing up but I don't think ESET is responsible for the error 0x80070035.

I will post back if i find a fix or someone comes up with one I haven't tried yet.

cheers

• Administrators

You wrote "I first tried to disable ESET but that didn't make any difference". Unfortunately, it's not clear what that means. You could have disabled Antivirus and antispyware protection, firewall via gui, web protection, protocol filtering in the advanced setup, etc. So without knowing what exactly helped, it's impossible to troubleshoot it further. I suggested 7 steps to try and let us know about the result which would give us some clues and then we could provide you with further instructions.

You wrote "I first tried to disable ESET but that didn't make any difference". Unfortunately, it's not clear what that means. You could have disabled Antivirus and antispyware protection, firewall via gui, web protection, protocol filtering in the advanced setup, etc. So without knowing what exactly helped, it's impossible to troubleshoot it further. I suggested 7 steps to try and let us know about the result which would give us some clues and then we could provide you with further instructions.

Sorry I confused you there. I was very stressed at that time and reading so much about the antivirus could be the problem and to try disabling it. But all I done at that time was basically turn off the protection. and then I tried to create a rule but gave up on that idea because I wasn't sure about the correct way to do that. I had to give up because other things got in the way and then I finally started the next morning. I have worked on it again for a short time today but I have to head to work so will try again tomorrow. I would like to hold off on reinstalling ESET software until I can get the 0x80070035 error fixed. Once I get that issue fixed I will return here and update this post. If I reinstall ESET after I find a fix and I am unable to see the network computers I shall follow your instructions above.

Greatly appreciate the replies to my post.

cheers