Possible To Install Eset Nod32 Antivirus 32-Bit on 64-Bit OS?

Sherrick

Hello,

I have a client who thinks he may have accidentally installed the 32-bit version of Nod32 Anti-Virus on his Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system.  I don't think he did, but he is concerned about it.

My question is this:  Is it even possible to install the 32-bit version on a 64-bit OS?  If it's not possible, and he completed the install, then obviously he has the proper version.  If it is possible, then I may have to go to  his location, uninstall the improper version and then perform an install of the 64-bit version.

Thank you for the assistance.

Sherrick

• Administrators

If they have v9 installed, they must have installed a correct version. V9 x86 won't install on x64 systems. First, the Live Installer detects the OS and downloads the appropriate installer for it. Second, even if they managed to get an msi installer it would refuse to install with an error about incompatible OS.

Perfect!  Thank you so much for the information.  I thought the x86 and x64 versions were exclusive - and intelligent - installers.  My client was concerned enough that I was looking at driving half a day to check it out and and half a day back.  Now I can provide him this information and put his mind at ease.

Thank you very much.

Sherrick