Ver. 9 SSL Scanning Of Thunderbird E-mail

In ver. 8, all incoming TBird mail was scanned. Appears ver. 9 is only scanning opened e-mail.

I know Eset doesn't officially support TBird e-mail but it worked fine in ver. 8; i.e. all inbound e-mail scanned. Anyway to get this to work in ver. 9? Much safer to scan e-mail prior to opening it.

Also I could only get e-mail scanning to work as above for thunderbird.exe by setting the SS/TLS scan action to "scan" in the list of SSL/TLS filtered applications. It would not scan if the option was set to "auto."

Note: All the above applies to manually opening TBird from the desktop and not running from the browser.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

ESET supported plug-ins only for very old versions of Thunderbird (5,6) in old version of ESS. As long as SSL filtering and IMAPS/POP3S scanning is enabled, email received through these protocols is scanned. Do you use a gmail account for instance so that we could try to reproduce it on out part?

Also I could only get e-mail scanning to work as above for thunderbird.exe by setting the SS/TLS scan action to "scan" in the list of SSL/TLS filtered applications.

Standard IMAPS and POP3S ports are monitored so if an application connects to these ports, it will be recognized as a web browser or email client. If non-standard ports are used, then it may be necessary to mark the application as a browser or email client manually.

ESET supported plug-ins only for very old versions of Thunderbird (5,6) in old version of ESS. As long as SSL filtering and IMAPS/POP3S scanning is enabled, email received through these protocols is scanned. Do you use a gmail account for instance so that we could try to reproduce it on out part?

Also I could only get e-mail scanning to work as above for thunderbird.exe by setting the SS/TLS scan action to "scan" in the list of SSL/TLS filtered applications.

Standard IMAPS and POP3S ports are monitored so if an application connects to these ports, it will be recognized as a web browser or email client. If non-standard ports are used, then it may be necessary to mark the application as a browser or email client manually.

I got it to work!

I reverted to ver. 8 mode for SSL protocol scanning where everything is scanned for named ver. 9 apps . I believe the problem is the "Trusted Domains" scan exclusion option possibly? I use AOL e-mail.

-EDIT- enabled the Trusted Domains exclusion and TBird e-mail scanning still works. So at this point really don't know what the initial problem was. I still have all  apps set to "scan."

Edited by itman