Web site blocking

HI

I am looking for an option to block a website which is shown inside a frame when you click a link on another website. For eg. On PTC websites when you click on an ad it opens in a new window with the timer on top and the website below the frame. I am looking to add such kind of websites. It will not work if the address is directly added to the blocked list since the url starts with the website name where I clicked the advertisement. I am sure there is an option for it since it is already blocking such content on some sites by default. I am using Smart Security 9

Your help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Shibu 

• Administrators

You wrote "It will not work if the address is directly added to the blocked list since the url starts with the website name". Could you please provide an example of the url?

HI

Ok I will try to make it clear.

If I want to block www.xyz.com it can be given in the url address management section directly. But like on PTC websites (say www.abc.com), when I click an ad it opens in a new window.  It will be shown in a frame with a timer on top. So there the url shown on the newly opened window will be beginning with www.abc.com followed with a long set of characters and numbers and not with www.xyz.com So xyz.com opens within abc.com therefore even if I give xyz.com in the blocked list this page will not be blocked. 

Basically what I try to do is block a website which opens in a frame within an other website without blocking timer so that the window with the timer will be opened but the website within that frame wont.

Hope it is clear now.

Thank you for you response

regards

• Administrators

Iframes have no effect on blocking. If an iframe with the source address blocked, you should either get only a bubble notification that access was blocked or you should see a notification like this:

post-10-0-64507500-1470905367_thumb.png