Server Has Latest AV, Clients Can't Get It

Greetings!

On the ESET AV Server:

Server Options, Updates, Update Now, I can get the current update.

The installed license is valid through 2017

The number of clients has not been exceeded

Edit, added: All the clients show up in the Remote Administrator Console and last connect times are current.

ESET Server v5.3.39 

Microsoft Server 2008 r2

On a Client, 

I can browse to hxxp://(servername):2221 and open the web-dashboard

The client is configured to go to hxxp://(servername):2221 to automatically get its updates

When I manually select update on the client, I get:

Virus signature database could not be updated

File not found on server

Ideas?

(Google is of no help...)

Thanks!

Edited by Mark500

Try this:

1. Disable mirror server

2. Delete contents of mirror folder and updfiles folder manually (under C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server, C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\... if OS is Win2003 or XP)

3. Start mirror server, press Update now and re-download all updates.

4. Try updating clients again

It seems that occasionally ERA server(v4/5) will think it has already downloaded certain updates when it actually hasn't.

• Administrators

It seems that occasionally ERA server(v4/5) will think it has already downloaded certain updates when it actually hasn't.

That shouldn't be the case of ERA 5.3.33+ which has known issues fixed. I'd like to emphasize that it's also recommended to use the latest version of Endpoint v5 (at least 5.0.2254+). For maximum protection, I'd recommend upgrading to ERA v6 and Endpoint v6, first in a testing environment to become familiar with it as ERA v6 is a brand new product completely different from ERA v5. We recommend using an HTTP Proxy instead of a local mirror which will save a lot of traffic with update servers.