Win 10 - Hidden Wireless Connection?

I just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. So perhaps this connection is normal. Nothing like this ever existed in Win 7 and I see no reason why a hidden wireless connection should exist in Win 10. Also the ipconfig display is weird in that it is showing alternate connections that never existed in Win 7.

Any help greatly appreciated.

post-6784-0-54150200-1470343914_thumb.png

Edited by itman

Hey.  I have Windows 10 and ESET 9.0.386.0, just check wireless and I do NOT have that hidden network.  KOR-

Did a little research and appears that Win 10 can pickup all kinds of wireless connections. I use AT& U-verse as my TV and Internet provider. Appears it is detecting my wireless TV boxes. Also cannot connect to the hidden connections without entering a SID and box ID. So no problem. A posting from redid for ref:

I see you have FiOS service. FYI the FiOS Router has a hidden WiFi that is used for the Quantum TV streaming service (even if you don't have Quantum TV service). You are seeing it on Window 10 because Windows 10 can see and report hidden networks. I don't this Vista could, although the was enabled on the FiOS router last fall which may be the reason you did not see it before on Vista. When did you upgrade wto Windows 10? 

Strange through because a lot of corp. postings on the web state that they couldn't see their hidden networks on Win 10.

Another issue though is I am getting bombarded with incoming broadcast sourced traffic from two devices on my network that Eset's firewall is blocked as it should. No other devices connected in the house except for these two wireless TV boxes. Need to find a way to stop these firewall blocks from hitting the Win event log although I don't think that is possible?
Edited by itman

Win 10 picks up every/any wireless. It is an OS for everything.

If you took care to disable any program where MS could spy on you.......BETTER CHECK AGAIN after the upgrade.

I had the same thing after my upgrade of Windows 10. I just turned everything off in the "Network and Internet" section of the settings. Easy for me to do though because I don't use Bluetooth or WI-Fi. Also ken1943 is right. If you disables any MS stuff because of spying, go back and re-check. I had all sorts of turned on I didn't want. I also uninstalled most of the Windows apps that come with windows 10. Sorry if I got a bit off topic.

Win 10 picks up every/any wireless. It is an OS for everything.

If you took care to disable any program where MS could spy on you.......BETTER CHECK AGAIN after the upgrade.

I installed O&O ShutUp10 and used recommended settings. It does a good job of shutting down the telemetry which was my primary concern.