Error while generating report - MySQL Running on GCE SQL Cloud instance

Go to solution Solved by jordigg,

Hi there,

I'm running ESET Remote Administrator on a Gcloud instance and the database uses GCloud SQL. Everything worked for a few weeks but without any kind of changes on our side the remote administrator fails now to show an kind of data.

I can login but I can view any data related to reports, machines, configurations...

Looking at the errors I get:

- Error while generating report on each graph of the dashboard

- CCleanupModule: Failed to process cleanup task request with: [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.6.29-google-log]When @@GLOBAL.ENFORCE_GTID_CONSISTENCY = 1, the statements CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE and DROP TEMPORARY TABLE can be executed in a non-transactional context only, and require that AUTOCOMMIT = 1. These statements are also not allowed in a function or trigger because functions and triggers are also considered to be multi-statement transactions.

- CCleanupModule: [MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.6.29-google-log]When @@GLOBAL.ENFORCE_GTID_CONSISTENCY = 1, the statements CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE and DROP TEMPORARY TABLE can be executed in a non-transactional context only, and require that AUTOCOMMIT = 1. These statements are also not allowed in a function or trigger because functions and triggers are also considered to be multi-statement transactions.

On every page load. By default GCloud SQL uses ENFORCE_GTID_CONSISTENCY for replication which prevents the use of, for example, temp tables.

Is there any workaround? I don't think I can disable that "feature" without downgrading to another version of MySQL. I'm sharing that database with another tool and that's why I was trying to don't downgrade. I would prefer to always use the latest stable versions.

Cheers

• Solution

Fixed by downgrading to Mysql 5.5. GCE forces that flag to be on on latest 5.6 version they run. Not sure if it will become an standard in the future but would be nice to have a workaround.

• ESET Staff

Thanks for report. GCloud seems to use configuration that is incompatible with ERA 6.4 DB layer implementation. There are ongoing changes to this layer and we will check whether we can avoid problematic operations as we have done for databases used by other mainstream cloud providers. Currently there is no workaround as failing operation is critical for data processing and presentation in Webconsole.

Will try to raise a ticket with Google as well to check whether is possible to run v5.6 with ENFORCE_GTID_CONSISTENCY disabled. Thanks for checking by again!