Deployment Era Agent 6

Hi guys,

I have problem with deployment (instalation) ESET ERA Agent. I have some pc in HQ locations and on this pc was deployment ok. But I have some pc in another locations, where are this pc connected to HQ with adsl (2mb/s). Always Server Task was "Finished sucessfully", but no pc was added.

In log I have:

2016-08-02 13:31:10 Information: CRemoteInstallModule [Thread 7ff3d57fb700]: UnixWindowsNetworkRemoteInstall: remote deployment to 'krompachy.anna.local' completed successfully
2016-08-02 13:31:10 Information: CRemoteInstallModule [Thread 7ff3d57fb700]: Executing remote deployment of agent 33dcb48e-0b9f-46e5-86f6-5db1a9fae38c on 'krompachy.anna.local'

On remote pc was no ERA Agent service running, no installation.

I turned off every firewall from HQ to remote locations, where is pc (local FW was disabled).

• ESET Staff

Hi @marceltomaskovic,

One solution is to create a "Live installer" of the Agent and deploy it to a shared folder/email/etc

so the user or you remotely can install.

After that (if there is no communication problem) the PC should appear on ERAv6 list.

• ESET Staff

What version of ERA are you using? In ERA 6.3 and older releases there was issue that caused silent failure of remote installation in case downloading of installer package on client machine failed.

As recommended Gonzalo, you may try to generate live installer and try to use it on problematic client computer. It will use the same mechanism for downloading installer package and you will be able to diagnose possible problem more easily.

Most commonly package download fails either because of inaccessible HTTP Proxy from client machine or no internet connection (i.e. blocked access to hxxp://repository.eset.com).

Hi guys,

thak you for interest. I have: Version 6.3.148.0

Yes, create Live Installer is workarround, but not sulution in this case. I have so many remote pc (+1000) and it is not possible do this manualy with "Live Installer" package.

Thank you guys.